Stihl Electric MSE 141 C Any owners out there ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrashCutter

SlumberJack
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying one of these electric saws, not a battery powered saw, runs off house electricity via a lead. I have several petrol saws and an el-cheapo 18 Volt battery saw which is a bit of crap.

In Australia we have 240 Volt AC mains power so the model number may be different if these are available in USA

My petrol saws are used to cut fallen trees and large branches for firewood on our rural property and I like using the battery saw for cutting small stuff for kindling which has been brought back home in the trailer.

There's two reasons I like the battery saw - it's quiet, and in between cutting when picking up the pieces and stacking them you can put the saw down with it not running and just pull the trigger when ready to cut again.

Looking at the specs the corded saw should have more oomph.

We have solar power so our electricity is sort of free.

Anyone owners care to comment?

I like corded electric saws. Don't have a STIHL, but some of the better quality Makita, Oregon, Jonsered, etc. 120 Volt, 14 to 15 Amps.

Quiet, low maintenance, light weight, easy 'On / Off', etc. Plenty of power for most tasks, if within 100 feet of an outlet.

Philbert

Thanks for the link Philbert.

I did do a search on A.S. for "MSE 141 " before posting, but should have looked for "electric".

Obviously you are an electric saw fan.

My battery saw is an Ozito which is a house brand for a chain of stores in Australia. They have a great hassle-free warranty system, refund or replace if it fails. My present saw is the fifth replacement :)
Three had motor issues (the green smoke), the last one chewed out it's plastic gears. When new they are very pleasant to use, but I want something which can take more punishment. Hoping the Stihl corded saw will be able to last a lot longer.

A lot of guys try a $30 electric chainsaw from a big box discount store, and decide that all electric chainsaws are 'junk'. Not sure what they would expect from a $30 gas saw.

And, of course, it's not for deep in the woods.

But a good quality one can be a good option, especially as a 'second saw', and for the use you described.

Philbert

A lot of guys try a $30 electric chainsaw from a big box discount store, and decide that all electric chainsaws are 'junk'. Not sure what they would expect from a $30 gas saw.

And, of course, it's not for deep in the woods.

But a good quality one can be a good option, especially as a 'second saw', and for the use you described.

Philbert
My neighbor just sprung for the top of the line Stihl battery powered saw, had it in my hands last week. He’s getting up there ( 80+ ) and can’t muster enough strength to pull start the saws he owns, so it was a good option for him. He laid out $1,000 for a complete package that included 2 batteries , the charger, extra chains and the saw, more than I woulda thought, but he loves it! I went out later in the day around 2:00 to see how he was doing, and he was still at it clearing storm damage along his property line from last winter. That saw lasted him all day, the cutting time for the batteries is around a half an hr of continuous cutting, and he had a small generator with him in his truck to keep a fresh battery charged while he was cutting. The man is my inspiration, when he sets his mind to doing something, he don’t bitc* and moan, just finds a way and gets her done! Mind you, he’s had cancer and beat it, truley don’t make em like him anymore!

My neighbor just sprung for the top of the line Stihl battery powered saw, . . .
The battery saws just keep getting better. The advantages of a corded electric saw, where it works, include: lighter weight for equivalent power, much less expensive, never have to stop / charge batteries. Both share many other advantages, including the easy starting, never flooding, really low maintenance, etc. No reason to not have one (or a few) of each: gas, battery, corded!

I have cleaned up a lot of storm damage with both corded and battery saws, at friend's houses. The power often gets restored quickly, and houses in the city usually have outlets close enough.

Philbert

Back