• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • We have started a new forum dedicated to user/instruction manuals. This is a repository forum and each new thread must contain the manual the thread is about. Please read the sticky. This is a community effort so if you have a manual, please help. https://www.arboristsite.com/forums/chainsaw-equipment-manuals.170/

Stihl es 25" 3003 000 8830 bar tip question

mvb1130

mvb1130

ArboristSite Member
I found this bar with a busted tip in a dumpster and I called my local stihl dealer and he wanted 30 for a new tip does that sound right?

The nose was flared out so I don't think I can just replace the sprocket. I need the whole tip and rivets. Anyone have a better deal with shipping to ohio?

Agr516

Agr516

ArboristSite Operative
I would check different dealers and price against each other. I just priced a tip for my 25" 3003 000 9630. One dealer was $31 and bought it from another dealer who was $21.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
9630 is the wide nose (13t) tip 8830 is the standard tip (11t) so there could be a price difference between them.

cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
And to think I gave one away! :eek:

I have a few older Stihl bars with the shorter tips. Anybody know if there are replacements available for them?

Knobby57

Knobby57

Peeing outdoors
My dealer is old school and according to them stock is the only way . I went to get a .404 tip for a 30" bar that was 3/8 . He looked at me like I had 3 eye balls . He then told me the part number I had from my bar didn't exist [emoji19]. I pulled out of my truck and showed him . He told me this bar was not sold in the US . He asked where I got it from .... He said it was probably a knock off fake bar. I pointed to a widenose he had hanging on the wall and said just order a tip for that one . I dread going there for anything out of the ordinary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvb1130

mvb1130

ArboristSite Member
stihl bar nose 3303 650 2551 this is the nose I ended up getting it is 11t wide nose I got the 2526 but it was the wrong nose it was to small so I had to send it back.

Latest posts