• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl es 25" 3003 000 8830 bar tip question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvb1130

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I found this bar with a busted tip in a dumpster and I called my local stihl dealer and he wanted 30 for a new tip does that sound right?

The nose was flared out so I don't think I can just replace the sprocket. I need the whole tip and rivets. Anyone have a better deal with shipping to ohio?

I would check different dealers and price against each other. I just priced a tip for my 25" 3003 000 9630. One dealer was $31 and bought it from another dealer who was $21.

And to think I gave one away! :eek:

I have a few older Stihl bars with the shorter tips. Anybody know if there are replacements available for them?

My dealer is old school and according to them stock is the only way . I went to get a .404 tip for a 30" bar that was 3/8 . He looked at me like I had 3 eye balls . He then told me the part number I had from my bar didn't exist [emoji19]. I pulled out of my truck and showed him . He told me this bar was not sold in the US . He asked where I got it from .... He said it was probably a knock off fake bar. I pointed to a widenose he had hanging on the wall and said just order a tip for that one . I dread going there for anything out of the ordinary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stihl bar nose 3303 650 2551 this is the nose I ended up getting it is 11t wide nose I got the 2526 but it was the wrong nose it was to small so I had to send it back.

Back