Stihl HT-75

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joisey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Stihl sells (or sold at one time) a hedge trimmer head for my HT-75 pole saw? I have some trees on my new property that could use a good haircut.

Does anyone know if Stihl sells (or sold at one time) a hedge trimmer head for my HT-75 pole saw? I have some trees on my new property that could use a good haircut.
i have swapped many stihl heads over, strimmer/hedge trimmer etc, they all seem to be 1" pole and 5mm square drive

i have swapped many stihl heads over, strimmer/hedge trimmer etc, they all seem to be 1" pole and 5mm square drive
Thank you very much for your reply. I will see if I can hunt down a hedge trimmer head.

It will fit. It was recommended at one time, but no longer is.
If you do go ahead, extending the tube is definitely a bad idea.
Especially with the older 2 piece inner drive shaft.
Driver at engine end has a tendency to break.

It will fit. It was recommended at one time, but no longer is.
If you do go ahead, extending the tube is definitely a bad idea.
Especially with the older 2 piece inner drive shaft.
Driver at engine end has a tendency to break.
I noticed that the trimmer head came with a short section of shaft (probably not the correct terminology). Can I remove that short section of shaft and the slide the hedge trimmer on my pole saw, or must the hedge trimmer be used with that short section of shaft?

Thank you for the help.

I noticed that the trimmer head came with a short section of shaft (probably not the correct terminology). Can I remove that short section of shaft and the slide the hedge trimmer on my pole saw, or must the hedge trimmer be used with that short section of shaft?

Thank you for the help.
Check pricing the Kombi attachment may be cheaper than just the hedge clipper gearbox. You may also want to look at the articulating version depending on your application. Yes, you would remove the Kombi shaft and just use the gearbox.

Excellent, thank you everyone. I may look into a (lovingly) used unit, since it would get used once per year for less than an hour. Unless used prices imitate the price of new...

Just the straight unit would work fine for me. Less weight hanging on the end of the unit.

Just the straight unit would work fine for me. Less weight hanging on the end of the unit.
bear in mind the bevel gears are about $200, and they altered the teeth at a set date
i have fitted a few copy con rods and spur gears, some are roller bearing big-end, some are bronze bush, and some plain steel

bear in mind the bevel gears are about $200, and they altered the teeth at a set date
i have fitted a few copy con rods and spur gears, some are roller bearing big-end, some are bronze bush, and some plain steel
Nothing is ever easy.

Back