• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, McCulloch many models

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good- am not a mechanic or swales man-make living as an arborist. This is only saw I actually don’t want to sell just testing waters. Will probably clean up and fully refurb cosmetics of it and repost it for a grand. As for ebay I do occasionally see them pop up and disappear quickly higher priced however 82cc of American made muscle is extinct. This saw will only go up in value. Don’t know of any companies making saws that big today with the same quality steel running through L.A. late 70’s when this was made. I will say while I have seen a few, around occasionally, not once have I ever seen an 81 SPn”for parts”... why do you think that may be? Made over 50 years ago all oem original parts on it and it still fires up every time first pull and rips through oak like a hot knife through butter. Only saw I’ve ever owned never once had to replace a single part on it and has never bogged, skipped a chain, gurgled or slowed down even hitting old nails in center of a tree ect. Granted I do run only ethanol free premium gas 40-1 with full synthetic husky/stihl oil on all my saws, and let the freshly sharpened chain do all the work. Sure there are idiots blowing sp pistons somewhere on Chinese oil&arco gas. Only down side is it’s heavy to climb with! (All that American made steel, not much plastic on this thing). Well they don’t make em like they used to and this thing is not for the noodlearms out there but it will probably outlive many of the humans whom operate it.

While most everything you just said is inaccurate, I appreciate your appreciation of the old muscle saws and you running ethanol free gasoline. Keep up the good work buddy.

Whoops bad at techno obviously... Hey I am never afraid to be proven wrong, especially if it is helpful to the cause- you know of any SP for parts for sale anywhere please post the link- I will buy and refurbish- never seen one personally tho the 81 is rare period short production timeline. Same for present day high quality American made big cc engines. I thought McCulloch went out of business but I think they just got bought out. Started reading this site some to learn so any inaccuracies please correct and or post your proof I will stand corrected. “High quality” steel of course is relative and opinionated, base my inferences on personal experience. Surely all the countries steel production has been outsourced believe they are the best in some weird way I imagine

L.A. written on bottom of label there only reason I assume that’s where it was made. My assumption is much like some huskies are made in Sweden and some are contracted out to be made who knows where by who knows who you can notice a difference in the price and quality when they are made at the mothership.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
Do a search on Ebay bud. A lot of 3 or 4 81s and looked to be a pile of 850 parts sold 4 days ago for $400. Another clean complete saw for $185. I currently own 2 and have sold close to a dozen in the past 2 or 3 years. They're great saws, fun to run. They made the 81 for half a decade and it was the most popular 80cc saw ran in the time. Your feelings aren't facts

There's 2 links in case you couldn't figure out the search function. Sometimes they are tricky. I bet the complete saw probably runs. I bought one off Ebay for $140, ran great, but $350 seems to be where a nice runner with a bar and chain seem to be going for currently on the auction market. Let me know if you have any more questions I'd be glad to help

Wow, great deal on the lot especially. The one for 200 is cool however there is a 300$ difference between “low compression” which it states and mine. If you can’t pull the cord without the decomp button without breaking a part that is usually a very good sign. I can do a compression test if requested but I know it is high and would bet someone 5$ that it reads 150-175 if I test it...

Wow, great deal on the lot especially. The one for 200 is cool however there is a 300$ difference between “low compression” which it states and mine. If you can’t pull the cord without the decomp button without breaking a part that is usually a very good sign. I can do a compression test if requested but I know it is high and would bet someone 5$ that it reads 150-175 if I test it...
Once again tho I have posted this one higher than market rate cuz I don’t wanna selenite but I do appreciate the links- I suck at everything technological and have not seen those ones- lol don’t need 5 SPs but will keep eye on the parts lot and maybe shoot an offer if he lets one go cheap thanks- (full disclosure, bought mine for 200$. But talked guy down from 300$ for powerhead alone thinking I was gonna need to rebuild carb and didn’t know where I was gonna find the parts. Cleaned it and put “my fuel” in not a single problem since.The bar on it is 32” and chain was 100$, old big bars like that are mighty expensive when I search (looking for a 48” now). Haha while have your help you know or have any cheap vintage 48” bras &or full skip chains that size?

Oh and was few years ago I bought it, run it so often have only emptied tank bone dry couple times since then but always do on all my saws if it sits more than a week

Back