stihl kombi runs only choked

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gspross

Reaction score
I bought the kombi system this summer, used it half a dozen times or so. I put fresh gas in a couple days ago, and it started real hard (first time for this, it has been great up to this point). Once started, I have to keep it on the middle position of the choke - not full on or off. If I turn the choke off, it stalls. I use stihl oil from the dealer and 90 octane ethanol free. Is it something I can check, or will I need to take it in?

I bought the kombi system this summer, used it half a dozen times or so. I put fresh gas in a couple days ago, and it started real hard (first time for this, it has been great up to this point). Once started, I have to keep it on the middle position of the choke - not full on or off. If I turn the choke off, it stalls. I use stihl oil from the dealer and 90 octane ethanol free. Is it something I can check, or will I need to take it in?

Could be an air leak or carb problem. I don't know if it's easy to inspect the P/C on a 4-mix?

Best not to run it until you sort out what's wrong. Air leaks can fry the engine

Latest posts

Back