Stihl, Mccullough, Pioneer, Homelite Garage Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
The Big Haul Blowout sale Columbus, Ohio September 13,14,15th (fri-sun). Days extended by request by folks who couldn't make it on Saturday.
Early bird sale Friday evening
Cookout free lunch on Saturday
Straggler sale Sunday :)

For those who haven't read any of my longwinded posts - basically I was looking for a Stihl 066 on craigslist and ended up buying an old Stihl dealer and setting up a sponsorship to sell things here as AS.
There is so much stuff and so many saws that we are going to hopefully sell 90% of the stock at this invitation only yard sale. If you want to come just e-mail or PM me for the address and let me know what day you think you will be coming.

Pricing will be insane, the more you take away the cheaper it gets, If there was nothing in the garages that didn't say Stihl on it I would be giddy. No reasonable offer refused.
Think 50-60% of Ebay prices and no shipping!!!!!
If you need the Mediacat or Husky Sevice Manuals PDF just let me know, plenty of copies will be available free of course.

OK what's for sale????

To start with nearly 300 chainsaws!!!!

165 larger metal body saws hanging on the wall $10-$75 Mccullouch, Pioneer, Poulan, Homelite, Craftsmen, Echo, Partner
- All saws were trade ins at the Stihl dealer, most were running when traded in, none have been started in at least three years.
Over 100 good used bars all brands and sizes from 10" to 26"
Roughly 100 saws for $5 each, cheaper in bulk up to 46cc parts and complete saws with up to 20inch bar & chain
2 Good used (like new) GB lumber mills
HOMELITE - Shelves, bins, and boxes full of new/old stock and good used parts, New/Old stock bars
MCCULLOUGH - Shelves, bins and boxes full of new/old stock and good used parts
PIONEER/PARTNER - Shelves, bins and boxes full of literally over 1000 new/old stock parts, new/old stock bars, and good used parts
POULAN - Shelves, bins and boxes full of new/old stock and good used parts
ECHO - Shelves and boxes full of new/old stock and good used parts
HUSQVARNA - Shelves and boxes full of new/old stock and good used parts
JONSERED - Bin of good used parts
REMINGTON - Bin of good used parts
DOMAR - Bin of good used parts
MALL - Bin of good used parts
OLYMPYK - Bin of good used parts
Several mystery bins of good used parts, including complete disassembled saws
New/old stock sprockets in boxes
New/old stock chains labeled in boxes and packages
Many good pistons and cylinders
Rolls of new/old stock chain in ¼” (.050), .325 (.063), .404 (.063), .404 (.058) – Stihl NOS 3/8 (.063)
STIHL and ECHO trimmer parts
STIHL string trimmer
MCCULLOUGH brush cutter
Boxes of parts for Skil, Dayton, Lombard, John Deere
Gallons of Husqvarna bar oil
GB and Oregon chain grinders, 2 Oregon chain advance mechainisms-1 new in box
200+ good used chains, all shapes and sizes from 10” McCullough mini chain to 6’ ripping chain
STIHL - strong running complete MS362, MS180c and 066 with 32" bar and chain, complete Stihl 041 that needs TLC and maybe some knowledge :)
STIHL - 24 used guide bars, more than 20 parts saws, thousands of NOS and good used parts for everything from the 008 to the 090 and a few modern saws
A big metal lathe with bench and lots of tooling as well as a valve grinder all used in the former chainsaw small engine shop.
Some Stihl and Pioneer special purpose tools from shop.
A couple dozen vintage chainsaw cases, of all colors and shapes.
A large bookshelf full of chainsaw literature
- 300-400 pounds Stigl literature from the 50s-80s including early grey german language shop manuals for saws like the 090 with IPLs.
- McCullough literature and shop manuals, IPLS
- Poulan lit and manuals, IPLS
Promotional signage and literature from pioneer, stihl, echo, plenty of others, Old Stihl girlie calendars
Metal signs from Echo and McCullough
Ball caps and Winter hats from Stihl, Echo, Husqvarna and others
Husqvarna Dealer only clock
Pioneer, Poulan and Echo old metal NOS 2 cycle cans of mix.
Bar guards of many shapes sizes colors and brands
All sorts of promo stihl stuff - buttons, tool box, gas can, patches, etc. If the price is right maybe even a Stihl service apron :)
Also available is a Permagreen Centri with new motor and tranny and extra parts and a Troy-built 34" brush/finish mower.

Oh I also need to grab up some wood to cut on as Brian (oooops I meant BRAD, that's what I typed, really a computer virus must have added the wrong name) is dropping off my woods ported MS362 on Saturday if all goes well :)
T-shirts should be ready for customers as well.

WALL OF SAWS -
IMG_001_zpseffeea99.jpg

IMG_008_zps3ef81c8e.jpg

BARGAIN PILE O' SAWS
IMG_007_zps24f28afa.jpg

IMG_006_zps7ad6be9a.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Poulan, Stihl, HUsqvarna, Echo

IMG_021_zps3d20f6ae.jpg

IMG_020_zpsc35697e2.jpg

lots of poulan on the wall and table

IMG_022_zps3d7484c5.jpg

plenty of echo on the wall and bargain table as well, not too much Husky really

IMG_024_zps47804d29.jpg

couple dozen Stihl parts saws, still have thousands of parts to sort by model etc.

bars? yeah we gots a few

IMG_023_zps490599b9.jpg

most stacks of bars are 3-4 guide bars deep, many are marked as to what saw they came off of

IMG_004_zps0f6d4324.jpg

pistons, sprockets new in boxes, new chains and rolls of chain, a few Poulan saws in boxes, carb limiter kit, carb spring kits, bins of fuel caps, nos pull starts, bin of plug wires, some whatnot

IMG_003_zps1398d76a.jpg

bins of parts for smaller brans like Olympyk, Mall, Dolmar, Remington and a few bins of mystery parts, tall PO Box stacks are Homelite and Mall overflow stacks

IMG_011_zps3c535ddc.jpg

Labeled parts for very small brands like David Bradley, a couple hundred Carb rebuild kits, box of recoils, big box of known good coils, half dozen boxes of small unknown hardware, Box of Lombard parts, boxes of Stihl trimmer parts

IMG_010_zpsb5b0b44c.jpg

box o sprockets, box o bushings, box o carbs, box of points conversion kits NOS, fuel bulbs, etc, small boxes of parts for Dolmar, Deere, Dayton, Olympyk, skil, Stihl and Echo trimmers and parts

Last edited:
Echo Metal sign and Lathe/valve grinder

I unloaded this with the Boxer in the middle of the room, I am such a dolt. The machine will be available to help load your truck :)

IMG_025_zps3f454307.jpg

IMG_026_zps81664d94.jpg

The drawers are full of tooling and tool steel that goes with the equipment and it still has the original manual and parts are still available, this bad boy is HEAVY!!!

I would say there are quite a few peeps over near OHIO and elsewhere who are drooling by now...
:drool:

You better bring him along to help you load up all your new parts :msp_w00t:

oh and DOH!!!

:chainsaw:

Dave, I might see you in a few days, not quite sure- but if not good luck with the sale. I am doing to dig through my phone and make sure I still have your number, if I don't I will send you a PM.

Last edited:
Big Echo

Whatever model that big Echo is, I need one. I have no use for it, no money, no space, and I really don't have the time to drive 2000 miles to pick it up. After all this time I might have caught CAD.

I could maybe come pick it up later if it's still available later on.

Whatever model that big Echo is, I need one. I have no use for it, no money, no space, and I really don't have the time to drive 2000 miles to pick it up. After all this time I might have caught CAD.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!
oh and I think (know for a fact) there are a few bigger. less complete Echos on the bottom of the $5 pile :)
Dave

Latest posts

Back