Stihl MS 192tc misbehaving. Runs, no power. Suspect lean out.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The impulse hose does not contain a metal spring. Ask for the parts and repair manuals in the beg for manuals thread. Make a list and order everything needed for a soft rebuild and when stuff comes tear it apart, clean it and reassemble with the new parts. expect it to cost 200 bucks and a few hours of your time, you'll get another 10 years out of it for your effort.
Funny. I can see the spring in the impulse hose. So pretty sure its in there. And since I'm the original owner who purchased it new, must have been there since 2012 or so....

Well, refused to give up. Ordered a proper carb kit, OEM. Cost more than cheap chinese replacement carbs, but I hate to sacrifice decent metal just cause a few pieces of plastic are old. And a proper OEM impulse hose spring. Had some decent hose laying around in the right size. Old spring was banged up some, but likely due to my novice assembly efforts.

Took apart the carb per some internet videos, blasted things with carb cleaner. Broke the high needle limiter learning how its set up. Rebuilt things. Put a new spring in the impulse hose. Assembled things in different order. IMO, attach the impulse hose to the back side of the air cleaner assembly BEFORE putting the flywheel and magneto back in. Attach the impulse hose to the cylinder head nipple later.

Adjusted the needles per factory recs. I don't have a saw tach. But it started and ran as good or better than new, so why worry.

Now about 6 tanks of gas, in varying weather, I was confident enough to report that I don't really know what was wrong, but its running. Must have been the carb or the impulse line. Cause that's all I addressed during the last take down.

Will again say, the top handle Stihl seems to require a very dexterous set of hands to work on. But I love it for its other properties.

Back