Stihl ms 441chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petemack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just after buying a ms441 2006model it is in good order removed cylinder and piston all in good order no marks any where cleaned everything and removed decommission item and block it off pressure tested it to 7psi no leeks sprayed saw with soapy water carb to cylinder boot was still in place blocked the two holes %100 no leeks so removed spark plug and fitted compression tester 6=8 quick pulls only 105 psi so thinking of fitting new rings and hope that will boost psi once bedded in and thanks for looking

105 is low ..are you sure you’re tester is accurate. If you’ve got a good pop when you pull it over I would worry about it. if not you may need to investigate further and remember the Only leak that would effect compression would be a poorly fitting plu.g

105 is low ..are you sure you’re tester is accurate. If you’ve got a good pop when you pull it over I would worry about it. if not you may need to investigate further and remember the Only leak that would effect compression would be a poorly fitting plu.g
Thanks for the reply it is a new tester not that that means anything it does start no problem lt is the 105psi that is getting to me will try my friends tester and get back to you thanks again petemack

Have you cleaned out the decompression valve - sometimes they get bunged up and don’t seat properly? if the plug and valve are ok and you still have a low reading (not sure what it should be) whip the cylinder off and take a look, inspect and measure the ring gap.

ttHave you cleaned out the decompression valve - sometimes they get bunged up and don’t seat properly? if the plug and valve are ok and you still have a low reading (not sure what it should be) whip the cylinder off and take a look, inspect and measure the ring gap.
Have it blocked off with proper stud think it is my tester started it today runs like a watch set jets really responsive stopped it about 8 times one pull and fires up left it for 6hrs one pull and it started sounds good will get back to you once I have a few tanks through it but that will be next week thanks petemack

SReally? What about a leaky compression release, a small hole in the piston, or broken ring
Had it stripped down jug off piston out removed rings cleaned piston no abrasive stuff near it must be my tester bought it new last week will test it on my compressor to day will get back to everybody with answer thanks to all petemack

Latest posts

Back