• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • We have started a new forum dedicated to user/instruction manuals. This is a repository forum and each new thread must contain the manual the thread is about. Please read the sticky. This is a community effort so if you have a manual, please help. https://www.arboristsite.com/forums/chainsaw-equipment-manuals.170/

Want to Buy Stihl ms 460 magnum parts

262freak

262freak

ArboristSite Operative
Needing a few parts to finish a pair of ms460's
1. OEM or Meteor MS 460 magnum cylinder kit or cylinder.
2. top, carburetor plate, and air filter plastics in good shape. x2
3. MS460 magnum stickers and decal set. x2
4.starter cover and assembly in good shape.
5. fuel and oil flippy caps. x2
6. chain adjuster hardware. x2
7. bar stud set. x1
8. bar base plate x2
9. Flywheel x1
10. Mufflers and heat deflectors. x2
11. HO adjustable oiler with grommets. x2
12. clutch, rim sprocket, complete brake hardware, and brake flags in nice condition. x2
13. west coast/large sprocket covers. x2
14. full wrap handle or west coast 3/4 wrap handles. x2
15. Large bucking spike set. x2
16. 24-28" bars 3/8 .050 used bars. x2
17. air filter and carburetor screw down rod.
18. very nice or nos tank.
some of the parts such as plastics i will consider AM but others i prefer OEM just pm me anf ask if unsure.

Mad Professor

Mad Professor

Tree Freak
I have a beat up 046 that had a tree dropped on it. Handle/tank no good but a look in the muffler appears P/C is in good shape, as is crankcase.

I would have to clean it up as it's filthy, but might be a complete P/C on a crankcase that just needs a cleanup/seals/rings.

If interested, let me know and I can investigate further. All parts are OEM Stihl

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Not an easy thing to find, most rebuild them.
They are a common saw.

I understand rebuilding, but sounds like there's not much of this saw!

The rear handle/tank alone is around $150.

I have 3 of them. Great saw and since they are now a few models old, can be bought for $400-500.

262freak

262freak

ArboristSite Operative
Actually I picked up two more ms460s all I need is mufflers, top handles, sprocket, clutch, oiler, and sprocket covers all x3

262freak

262freak

ArboristSite Operative
They don't need tanks was just wanting to see if there where nicer ones. Two of them have nos cylinder kits all they really lack is the plastics

Latest posts