• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS200 Rear Handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been checking out some posts on this site about that saw...very intresting...I will check it out further..thank you for the lead...

A MS 241C is a little nicer, IMO.

The rear handle MS200 is a very rare bird.
While a 241 is a great saw(and I could use another), it doesn't replace the 200 or 201 for many uses. The main thing I use the 200/201 for is cutting invasives, I've done it with a 241 and my 242xp. Once you make the mistake of not bringing the 200/201 for that job, you don't do it again, cutting mainly overhead and at shoulder height for half a day with a 241 is not something I want to do. That being said I'll be doing a few of those cuts today with the 242, but a few is a lot different than hundreds.
Another place I like to use them is towards the end of the day when I'm doing a large removal. I can grab one and run a tank thru it to keep moving, then move back up to a larger saw when done. Yes, I'm old and out of shape :laugh:.
I bucked up 3 small cherry the other day(5-7"), the 200 didn't even break a sweat, can't say I didn't, it was hot.
I guess it all depends on your intended use, and what kind of shape you're in lol.

While a 241 is a great saw(and I could use another), it doesn't replace the 200 or 201 for many uses. The main thing I use the 200/201 for is cutting invasives, I've done it with a 241 and my 242xp. Once you make the mistake of not bringing the 200/201 for that job, you don't do it again, cutting mainly overhead and at shoulder height for half a day with a 241 is not something I want to do. That being said I'll be doing a few of those cuts today with the 242, but a few is a lot different than hundreds.
Another place I like to use them is towards the end of the day when I'm doing a large removal. I can grab one and run a tank thru it to keep moving, then move back up to a larger saw when done. Yes, I'm old and out of shape :laugh:.
I bucked up 3 small cherry the other day(5-7"), the 200 didn't even break a sweat, can't say I didn't, it was hot.
I guess it all depends on your intended use, and what kind of shape you're in lol.

I don't doubt you a bit. I've never seen or owned a rear handled MS200 but I own two MS200T's and they are great saws. More than a few times I've used a 200T for limbing a downed tree cutting with one hand and tossing with the other towards another person that is chipping. Not a recommended practice of course but that's another subject. Every pound counts especially at the end of the day.

@Dave P 71801 had everything to make a 200T a 200 a little while ago but I don't know if he still has it. If he does all you'll need to do is find a 200T, which should be easier than finding a rear handle version.
Thank you for putting it out there and trying to help me get it sold but I ended up converting a 200t to rear handle for an older gentleman that I've worked with for years who needed a smaller lighter powerful saw

I don't mean to highjack, but did they ever make a rear handle version of the 020T?

Would the parts used to convert a 200T work on the 020T?

Still sweating that 200 or did it cool off enough by now? 😆

It's been over two years since this thread started. Did the OP manage to find the parts yet?
Took me quite a while to get them and my 200 still isn't together. It will be needed this winter to clean up the tops and trash from an old logging operation on a large property south of me. My 435 Junky has filled the spot for years now. That is getting a small clearing bow for more reach under 🌲.

Still sweating that 200 or did it cool off enough by now? 😆

It's been over two years since this thread started. Did the OP manage to find the parts yet?
Took me quite a while to get them and my 200 still isn't together. It will be needed this winter to clean up the tops and trash from an old logging operation on a large property south of me. My 435 Junky has filled the spot for years now. That is getting a small clearing bow for more reach under 🌲.
I was never sweating a thing, but I always like nice looking saws :sweet:. I've got a nice clean 200 rear handle, a great running 200t, and a great running 201 rear handle, pretty set for now.
Hope you get yours back together, spent an hr tearing an ms192 rear handle down :dizzy:. Hopefully I can get it running well:chainsaw:. Put a 450 jug on that junky, it will cut great then with a 16 or 18" bar.
Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 9.39.33 PM.png

Back