• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS200 Rear Handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never sweating a thing, but I always like nice looking saws :sweet:. I've got a nice clean 200 rear handle, a great running 200t, and a great running 201 rear handle, pretty set for now.
Hope you get yours back together, spent an hr tearing an ms192 rear handle down :dizzy:. Hopefully I can get it running well:chainsaw:. Put a 450 jug on that junky, it will cut great then with a 16 or 18" bar.
View attachment 1120295
It's great to see that others in this forum share my appreciation of the MS200rh.
The Stihl 012rh is also worth mentioning here..., 45cc and can handle an 18" bar if desired...

I was never sweating a thing, but I always like nice looking saws :sweet:. I've got a nice clean 200 rear handle, a great running 200t, and a great running 201 rear handle, pretty set for now.
Hope you get yours back together, spent an hr tearing an ms192 rear handle down :dizzy:. Hopefully I can get it running well:chainsaw:. Put a 450 jug on that junky, it will cut great then with a 16 or 18" bar.
View attachment 1120295
My 200 was never "together"
It came as plastics only. The parts going under it should be about as far as a 200 can go. Decided to loose the stock carb and intake being those are the limiting factors on making more power with 200 jug.

It's great to see that others in this forum share my appreciation of the MS200rh.
The Stihl 012rh is also worth mentioning here..., 45cc and can handle an 18" bar if desired...
They're great little saws.
My 200 was never "together"
It came as plastics only. The parts going under it should be about as far as a 200 can go. Decided to loose the stock carb and intake being those are the limiting factors on make more power with 200 jug.
Let me rephrase, get it together ;).
The do quite well in stock form with the muffler screen removed.
Waz a 450?
Doe it make my box store 435 bad ass?
No, but it would be the same basic specs as the husky 353. The 450 is my favorite stock plastic cased saw, modded would be a 350/346 setup, which I have one of and it's ported too.

They're great little saws.

The do quite well in stock form with the muffler screen removed.

No, but it would be the same basic specs as the husky 353. The 450 is my favorite stock plastic cased saw, modded would be a 350/346 setup, which I have one of and it's ported too.
Explain this 450 to 353 relationship to a none husky guy who only undestands the 345-353 and the mighty 435. 435T is another turd in my book. The plastic base is the main reason I've stayed away from the things and the intake systems. Everyone needs some type of fix from what I read about them.

The do quite well in stock form
Stock 😆
I do have one strong running stock 200T left here. It gets the Full Monty this winter. My fuel line cracked last month and it's original. The time has come for an update. Probably start leaking out the seals soon anyway. Seals were crap in all the 200T saws. The intake boot and carb are just too small. The 200 air filter is a joke just like the 200T is. It all needs to take a hike.

You can keep those 009-015 saws. Heavy and odd to me. I have several on the shelf.
The 012 is under 10lbs with the 12" bar/chain (my 16" setup is 12lbs with some oil and gas on-board) and delivers 2.2 hp from 45cc so it has some "grunt" compared to modern 35cc saws...
Some of us old-timers still like the balance and feel of the rear handle 1120 series, probably as we grew up with them.

The 012 is under 10lbs with the 12" bar/chain and delivers 2.2 hp from 45cc so it has some "grunt" compared to modern 35cc saws...
Some of us old-timers still like the balance and feel of the rear handle 1120 series, probably as we grew up with them.
I never used them as a young man. They just feel odd to climb with. Plenty of power in an 009L or 011. Still have both. Never like anything much but a 200T. Still have all the other models in Stihl saws. Sold all my other top handle brands but the 25 Micro. Need get rid of some more 19x models here. Might keep one 192 redone and hoppedup.

Never had the pleasure just Ts here
It's fun, you should try it :rare2:.
Stock 😆
I do have one strong running stock 200T left here. It gets the Full Monty this winter. My fuel line cracked last month and it's original. The time has come for an update. Probably start leaking out the seals soon anyway. Seals were crap in all the 200T saws. The intake boot and carb are just too small. The 200 air filter is a joke just like the 200T is. It all needs to take a hike.
I have plenty of saws that aren't stock, when I'm running a 12-14" bar and a 25-35cc saw, that's not usually when I'm trying to save time.
What do you put on them to mod them.
Explain this 450 to 353 relationship to a none husky guy who only undestands the 345-353 and the mighty 435. 435T is another turd in my book. The plastic base is the main reason I've stayed away from the things and the intake systems. Everyone needs some type of fix from what I read about them.
The 353 is the same magnesium crankcase that the 346xp is built on, the only relationship between it(the 450) and a 450 is the specs, and the top covers both have quick clips which are real nice.
I stay away from many plastic saws myself, but I've also cut a lot of wood with them, and I've sold a lot of them since not everyone needs a pro saw.
One of the biggest problems with plastic saws isn't the saw itself, but rather the operators, a dull chain/overheating has killed more saws than anything and most guys who've got plastic cased saws have no idea how to sharpen a chain. Yes, they can develop air leaks, but I think chains are the biggest problem.

It's fun, you should try it :rare2:.

I have plenty of saws that aren't stock, when I'm running a 12-14" bar and a 25-35cc saw, that's not usually when I'm trying to save time.
What do you put on them to mod them.

The 353 is the same magnesium crankcase that the 346xp is built on, the only relationship between it(the 450) and a 450 is the specs, and the top covers both have quick clips which are real nice.
I stay away from many plastic saws myself, but I've also cut a lot of wood with them, and I've sold a lot of them since not everyone needs a pro saw.
One of the biggest problems with plastic saws isn't the saw itself, but rather the operators, a dull chain/overheating has killed more saws than anything and most guys who've got plastic cased saws have no idea how to sharpen a chain. Yes, they can develop air leaks, but I think chains are the biggest problem.
Interesting.
I can mod anything if it's not going up a tree. Climbing saws are a whole different thing im currentlyworking on rear handles under 60cc. You can only make power at high rpms with low compression engines relatively speaking. The air filters just suck on Stihl tops handles the most under 67cc, fact. Getting air in becomes the issue most times. Going to try this foam filter on a 200T this winter. It fits under the stock cover. The issue is getting air into it so swiss cheese is coming. On the other ones... changing everything from the cylinder to the air filter. Making one high compression just to see how hard it is to start in tight spots climbing. One pull isn't an "option" up there.

This is Stihl country. They specialize in melted plastic chassis here and toasted pistons with plugged up air filters. The third worst offense is bad fuel followed closely by damaged PTO. You must have their relatives living in your hood 🤣 the Husky cousins.

Personally I detest heavy saws and have true hate for anything over 70cc as a work tool.

Back