Stihl MS200T: What's So Special About It?

tacomatrd98

tacomatrd98

ArboristSite Guru
If you like the 200T on the ground try an MS241C ;)
I have a 241c actually. I have a lot of love for that saw too but when I have a lot of small wood to process I use the 200T. I usually drag up a large pile of 8-10ft length limbwood/small trees that range from 3-5" dia. using a set of hand held timber tongs. Most of the stuff is blowdowns and standing dead locust. I have tons of small dead trees. My property was a field in the 50's that was walked away from and they just left it grow up. Friggin mess. I park the trailer at one end of the pile, grab a stick with my left hand, 200T in the right hand and make them into firewood. It saves a lot of double handling. The cut-off portion drops right into the trailer. It works well for me.

hseII

hseII

Addicted to ArboristSite
OK, so the 200t is a legendary saw. The first iteration of the 201 was bad, then the m-tronic version was less bad. Am I right so far?

Regardless, they're all expensive. For the average bloke. Are there any top handles that might be almost as good but represent better value for money? I ask this as someone who doesn't make a living with a saw.

ECHO 355-T.

I was [] close to buying one, to keep as a spare, but my 200T still does great, and we've already got a 193T for a back up.
6c410027594ed0e874f79e65b95070c0.jpg

Latest posts