Stihl MS200T: What's So Special About It?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah...I just realized my earliest movie memory is how exited I was in 1980 waiting for the next movie to be released. I was born in '74. So that means I was 4 when I watched up in smoke...which I remember watching at the time of release. How I remember this is a mystery.

now I fully understand your position on the 200t....you're still a young'un !!!!

heck ! I got underwear older then '74...and I STILL WEAR THEM !!! :)

now I fully understand your position on the 200t....you're still a young'un !!!!

heck ! I got underwear older then '74...and I STILL WEAR THEM !!! :)
Hell in 74 I cut all my tendons in one hand in a tree with a stupid nose heavy Homelite Super Xl2!!!! The 200T is a work of art! In fact I decorate my shop with them!

How annoying is it when you swap out a chain on a 201t where you need to fiddle with it to get it in around the clutch!! The 200t...has plenty of space allowing you to keep ya gloves on when swapping chains.:) That was the first thing that annoyed me about the 201!
What about the stupid springs for antivibe?

Don't mean to get off-topic...Wolf, what cart is that the 200T's are sitting on back in post #63?...one of those heavy duty Rubbermaid carts? That's a nice cart. We've got'em by the dozens at work but not that fancy. You've got two rows of divided, parts holding areas and a cup holder on the handle, swivel caster end. I know they're pretty damn expensive...at least what Uncle Sam pays for'em at work anyhow.

Don't mean to get off-topic...Wolf, what cart is that the 200T's are sitting on back in post #63?...one of those heavy duty Rubbermaid carts? That's a nice cart. We've got'em by the dozens at work but not that fancy. You've got two rows of divided, parts holding areas and a cup holder on the handle, swivel caster end. I know they're pretty damn expensive...at least what Uncle Sam pays for'em at work anyhow.
Dude believe it or not that cart was cheap and the best space saver I ever bought for the shop. I think it was around 140.oo at bottom of the harbor freight tools! it is the largest one they had. That thing and sand paper are the only items in the whole store that I found to be useful the tools suck more than a whore on dollar day.

Dude believe it or not that cart was cheap and the best space saver I ever bought for the shop. I think it was around 140.oo at bottom of the harbor freight tools! it is the largest one they had. That thing and sand paper is the only items in the whole store that I found to be useful the tools suck more than a whore on dollar day.
I'm gonna check that out. Good price on that big of a cart. I gotta HF in Macon, Ga...about 20 mins from the house. I could use a couple of 'em.

OK, so the 200t is a legendary saw. The first iteration of the 201 was bad, then the m-tronic version was less bad. Am I right so far?

Regardless, they're all expensive. For the average bloke. Are there any top handles that might be almost as good but represent better value for money? I ask this as someone who doesn't make a living with a saw.

Latest posts

Back