• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS201TC. 300$ plus shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't know too much about this saw. Got a decent deal on it as the seller( who got inherited it from his dad) was unable to start it. I bought it anyway and took apart the handle and discovered that the throttle rod was disconnected. Put it back together and now it starts, runs and idles. seems to have very crisp throttle response. Usable 14" bar, chain not worth shipping. I have not cut with as the chain was down to nubbins. I also can't do a compression test as it seems to be a very small spark plug thread. I know it needs a new spur sprocket drum, as it looks worn. Flippy caps work but seem tired. Not sure about the av mounts on this saw as I'm not familiar with it. I suspect the starter rope is not the correct diameter. a couple of the starter cover screws paper to be mismatched. Look at the pics, its got a crack in the bottom of the clutch cover and hole in the air filter cover. missing a small plastic piece in the front over the coil? I suspect it could use a carb kit as it takes 5-6 pulls to start. Let me know if I'm way too low or high on price as I'm not familiar with these . You can also call or text 541 482 7739IMG_1021.jpegIMG_1024.jpegIMG_1023.jpegIMG_1025.jpegIMG_1022.jpegIMG_1026.jpegIMG_1027.jpegIMG_1028.jpeg

Back