Stihl ms250 problems again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my MS460 shop manual they give the starting settings both for limiter caps and without limiter caps.

My 025 (previous version of the MS250, with screw on caps) has a tank vent that's a piece of fuel line with a screw in it. That's from the factory. When I lost the vent I replaced it with a piece of hose with a screw in it, and it did not work as well as the Stihl version. I ended up buying the Stihl vent for $5 from my dealer.

My school of thought is that the starting settings are just to get you in the ball park anyway. The saw runs so I am already at the field. I will set the low and High tonight and then check with the tach to make sure I am not over the max of 14000 rpm when I get it to where I think it is perfect.

Two more days of cutting and I am calling it quits. With the way the woods look right now and all the trails I wanted to clear, it would take a crew of 5 about a month to get it cleaned up. I will settle for what I get done in the next couple days and then let the forest quiet down for the last month before hunting season starts. I haven't seen any elk in the area yet. A few deer and a moose are hanging around. The bears seem to have gone too since I've started cutting.

Back