Stihl MS280 info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to remove the intelligent engine management, I think you have to use the setup of the normal version. The HD-33 may also work, it was originally used on the MS 270.

I also have a 280 IEM saw and when ya say hard to start are we talkin like 4-5 pulls or more I love mine but its 4 pulls on a good day and 5 on not so good if its quite a lot more than that there was a issue with the IEM on a few that super hard starts equals something wrong with the IEM so may want to drop a few $$ and have a dealer scan it quick

just a quick update after getting back on here and doing some reading thought there was something I had not tried prob cause I thought the gold star tech that looked into the prob when it was new would have tried this but anyways I started playing with spark plug gap and plugs and hit on the fix for mine

I ended up with a NGK BPM7Y pro-V gapped at .026 and proceeded to try it several times after it got cold and it hit first pull every time,turned choke off second pull fires rt up

I also have a 280 IEM saw and when ya say hard to start are we talkin like 4-5 pulls or more I love mine but its 4 pulls on a good day and 5 on not so good if its quite a lot more than that there was a issue with the IEM on a few that super hard starts equals something wrong with the IEM so may want to drop a few $$ and have a dealer scan it quick
That's why I don't like some of the newer saws, you're at the mercy of the dealer who can charge you anything they want to fix that intellicrap..

Too make that story worse at the time i was a field service tech for the big equipment at the dealership i got the saw from and they tried charging me for the service work on a brand new saw lol i told them I’d have worked on it myself if I knew there was going to be a charge for something that didn’t fix the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back