Stihl ms360 tuning issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR372xp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve been fighting a carb issue on my ms360 pro,I’ve done some searching on here and on the google machine and I like to think that I’m fairly decent at fixing saws but who knows anyways little back story on the saw, it has new, seals, spark plug, impluse line, fuel line/filter, new air filter, carb kit/new carb, base gasket delete

I can’t get the saw to tune up properly with the carb either the serviced oem one or the new aftermarket one. basically the only way it will idle is if I only open the low jet about 1/4 turn and the saw will stay running with the low jet all the in with both carbs, the rpms are high with it closed but it still runs.

Seems suspect that I’d have the same issue with both carbs on the saw for it to be a carb issue but im stumped. I assume it’s something internal just don’t know where to start I’ve never had this kind of issue before. Thanks in advance.

When you rebuilt the carburetor, did you reassemble the gaskets in the correct order? On the pump side, the diaphragm goes on the carburetor first and then the gasket. And on the needle side the metering diaphragm gasket goes on first and then the metering diaphragm.

Latest posts

Back