Stihl MS361 scored piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got the cylinder all cleaned up with sandpaper and it looks and feels smooth. I ordered a replacement meteor piston and OEM fuel line. I omitted the base gasket and did the solder test which revealed .019” gap which I guess goes up to roughly .020” with sealant? I got it all assembled back together and filled her up with Stihl synthetic oil 50-1 and she lit right up after a half dozen pulls. I let it idle for a little then shut it off. I need to do some research on carb tuning and make sure It isn’t tuned too lean so I don’t have to do this again soon. Thanks for the advice guys, You saved me $300!

Attachments

• IMG_5154.MOV
    23.8 MB
I love my 361. It's my dead wood saw. My husky is my green wood saw. I'd buy another 361 before I would buy a 362. As long as you are below $850 total. You have a good saw. When it is rebuilt pull the muffler screen. You set that saw with a tachometer not by ear.

I love my 361. It's my dead wood saw. My husky is my green wood saw. I'd buy another 361 before I would buy a 362. As long as you are below $850 total. You have a good saw. When it is rebuilt pull the muffler screen. You set that saw with a tachometer not by ear.
What’s your husky?

562. It's a faster rpm saw. I think it cuts out green wood faster. I think it needs rakers filed back a bit more. To have time to drop into the wood and cut hard dead wood. The 361 I can cam the saw and the weight of the saw . Because it is a tad slower drops into dead faster, with both chains being equal. The 562 kinda floats over the dead hardwood s. If that makes sense

I like both saws but are completely different personalities.

Latest posts

Back