Stihl ms460 magnum crankcase bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all I'm going through a number of 460s and 046 magnums and I was needing someone to tell me what numbers or sizes I should be looking for for Nacchi, FAG, or any other excellent bearing you guys would suggest for the bearings I have a few 6202 SKF older School bearings but I definitely need the numbers or measurements or even the link to where I can get OEM or even better bearings for these saws. I do appreciate any and all help you could give me and if you have an input on the bearings or if the crankcase gasket should be this or that please feel free to leave your input and it would be greatly appreciated

I Google an IPL for the saw & them search eBay for the part #s I need. Same will work at your local Stihl dealer. My dealer is very appreciative that I walk in with a list of Stihl part numbers rather than a vague notion of what I want.

If memory serves, bearings have changed once or twice on 1128 series—the cage material for r maybe whether or not it was shielded. Don’t be shocked if your 046 part number has been superseded to a new one. But I don’t recall buying any 1128 bearings that didn’t fit the particular flavor of 1128 I was working on.

Oh—and I think the clutch side is proprietary Stihl bearing cause it has a ridge for the crank seal. If I’m remembering correctly.

Flywheel side is a common bearing clutch side is proprietary, last set i ordered came from sawzilla. Can't remember if they were taiwan or japan embossed but i remember them being half the cost of stihl and very likely hyway re bagged, their seal set definitely were. Koyo, NSK, FAG, Nachi in C3 quality are acceptable if a common size, just remove the shields.

Flywheel side is a common bearing clutch side is proprietary, last set i ordered came from sawzilla. Can't remember if they were taiwan or japan embossed but i remember them being half the cost of stihl and very likely hyway re bagged, their seal set definitely were. Koyo, NSK, FAG, Nachi in C3 quality are acceptable if a common size, just remove the shields.
OEM Husky bearings (SKF) is pricey, the OEM Stihl bearings is about the same cost as any affordable quality bearings straight from the manufacturer.
I really do not understand why you would want to save 5 dollas buying aftermarket. A crankshaft or cylinder would be more understandable.

OEM Husky bearings (SKF) is pricey, the OEM Stihl bearings is about the same cost as any affordable quality bearings straight from the manufacturer.
I really do not understand why you would want to save 5 dollas buying aftermarket. A crankshaft or cylinder would be more understandable.
dealer quoted me something like 55-60 bucks after taxes for the bearings, think i paid 30 for the aftermarket set. 6202-6203-6204 bearings are around 12-16 each from nsk/ntn/koyo etc

dealer quoted me something like 55-60 bucks after taxes for the bearings, think i paid 30 for the aftermarket set. 6202-6203-6204 bearings are around 12-16 each from nsk/ntn/koyo etc
60 dollas is expensive for a pair of bearings sure. Should be like a 10 each, 10 for both with no name on it.

Back