Stihl not just sell power heads? Dealer said they don't........(makita) just want a 7900 power head search

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTD03

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I was looking at getting well....adding saws to my collection. So I stopped in a local dealer and they wouldn't just sell me the power head of Stihls...
I thought that was crazy. Are anyone else running into this? I have more than enough bars I don't need. I honestly just want the power head of a few saws from Stihl.

Makita- So I went and priced a 7900 non HD filter and they seem to not have them in stock any more. They wanted to sell me the 7900 high top. I just don't like.
Do you all have any Makita dealers that I can contact and get a regular 7900 non high top or wrap handle?

Well, a dealer can sell you or not sell you anything they want. We sell power heads with no bars all the time. Next week , who knows. If we have way too many bars and the saws come with the bar included I doubt we will sell you just a power head. As of right now some bars are hard to get, so we rob bars out of units to replace worn out bars. Sort of how it works.

Ford_f150 in Ohio had a new Makita 7900 low top for a good price a few months back... I'll send you a PM.

ETA: I'm almost certain it's a PHO and not a complete saw, but make sure.

Well, a dealer can sell you or not sell you anything they want. We sell power heads with no bars all the time. Next week , who knows. If we have way too many bars and the saws come with the bar included I doubt we will sell you just a power head. As of right now some bars are hard to get, so we rob bars out of units to replace worn out bars. Sort of how it works.
that is great news I had no clue.

thank you

Latest posts

Back