Stihl part numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csettle

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Stihl 039 that I need to replace the cylinder/piston assembly. From other threads I gather that Meteor and Hyway parts are the preferred ones. Can't find a Meteor at a decent price anywhere (all out of stock) so I'm looking at Hyway.
My question: The part number listed in the parts list is 1127 030 1213. I've found one on hywayparts.com that is listed as "GX Cylinder Kit 49mm for Stihl 029, 039, MS290, MS310, MS390 Replaces 1127-020-1216". Obviously the part number does not match. Will this one really fit? Thanks for any help!

Okay, 029 through to 039 are all pretty much parts interchangable saws. Difference being cylinder bore.
1127 is the code for that "family" of consumer grade clamshell series.
020-1216 is the part number for the 49mm kit with a flat top piston and 030-1213 is a number for a version of the same cylinder copy with a domed piston kit- I believe.
If it states it will fit 1127, then it will fit anything 029 through to 390.

Remember, I am not claiming it will be as good as the original in way of quality or power- just saying it will fit and if all else is correct, the saw will run.
I know there can be some issues with top cover fit when exchanging some cylinder kits based on decompression valve fitted newer style cylinders on older "0"type saws that had flatter top covers and no decompression.
But hey, you are handing over not a lot of cash to experiment/

Have you thought about cleaning up the original cylinder?
Post a couple pictures,it may be savable.
Ah, yes.... What happened to the old cylinder/piston? A piece of steel got caught between the top edge of the piston and the exhaust port. We shall not discuss how.... I will attempt to attach pictures as requested, but unless you folks tell me differently, I think I'm screwed. On a side note, what is the group opinion on Stems parts?

Attachments

• 0512211818.jpg
    0512211818.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 0512211823.jpg
    0512211823.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Ah, yes.... What happened to the old cylinder/piston? A piece of steel got caught between the top edge of the piston and the exhaust port. We shall not discuss how.... I will attempt to attach pictures as requested, but unless you folks tell me differently, I think I'm screwed. On a side note, what is the group opinion on Stems parts?
That was supposed to be Stens.

Back