Stihl Rollomatic ES Bar tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You also need to determine if it is a "wide" -or- "narrow" bar end.
The chain pitch (other than 3/8 std. can be a problem. A .325 pitch replacement is something I'm having to craft up on my own from a couple of different aftermarket brand of bar tips, and I'm -still- in the midst of assembling a "narrow" .325 sprocketed tip for one of my bars.
The 3/8 std. replacement bar end is available as a "Forester" branded (GB) aftermarket part for a pretty reasonable cost.
The "wide" bar end is only available through Stihl (as far as I know, anyhow).
Check the condition of the bar rails for ruinage, though. And, depending on the length, those bars can be quite expensive new.through Stihl.

I have a 3/8 Bar .50 guage
It's not the gauge that matters, it's the measurement across the bar rail-to-rail, I'm pretty certain that a -WIDE-version has a 13-toothed sprocket, and the narrow is less (like 11? ) I'd have to root around and do some measuring/counting to say any more....

I have several bars that are quite worn. I tried to order bar tips but was always told NA. I was thinking to close rail a bit and replace tip. I just ordered new. Would like to know how it was successful. Thanks

I've replaced a whole bunch of bar tips. But, I was never able to replace this one:
View attachment 931586
Lord knows how this happened. The operator (not me) wants to remain anonymous.
that's - special-
Gotta' wonder how many feet to the ground THAT particular "oh-oh" spanned.....
I have several bars that are quite worn. I tried to order bar tips but was always told NA. I was thinking to close rail a bit and replace tip. I just ordered new. Would like to know how it was successful. Thanks
I know through looking, that genuine Stihl bar tips for WIDE version are readily found on eBay, I don't know whether the pricing is always commensurate to what the asking price in the Stihl catalog was. When I was looking to source Rollomatic ES bar tip for my NARROW bar, my local dealer seemed to feel that I could order and expect supply from his dealership (around $30 or-so) for a 3/8 pitch tip.
Unfortunately, .325 pitch replacement(s) seem to have gone the way of Dodo, that is why I'm trying to craft up my own through a conglomeration of parts from sources other than Stihl.
I've been caught up in "everything else" for a while now, and as soon as I've either succeeded, or failed, (at producing a .325 pitch narrow bar tip) with my experiment I will be reporting back here.

Latest posts

Back