Stihl Saw Inflation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is exactly why I bought 2 new chainsws this spring. I noticed the Echo's didnt go up so I bought a 620P and then 501P with a few tanks through it for a $70 discount to new. It wont be long and they will be $100 more each.

So anywho….

Yes, stihl inflation will Only get worse primarily from the reasons detailed above. Another huge factor is Germany’s abandonment of dispatchable Power necessary to run its industries, most importantly, Stihl.

Although many Stihl products are made here, their parts and many products are made in Germany. I expect stihl inflation to grow at an even higher rate due to reduction in supply. Stock up on things…I already can’t find 1 gallon motomix and light bars are ridiculous, and then there are saws…..

The calculator does not make any sense to me.
1965 my father started at the Copper mine pay was 2.07 an hour he bought a beat up old tired Lawnboy mower for 8.00 we thought that was a great deal back then he only had to work a half a day to buy it,,
Today a man starts out at the Copper mine for 48.00
1965 Canadian Tire chain saw cost 199.00 so my dad would have had to work 3 weeks to buy one.
Today the miner goes to Canadian Tire and buys a Husqvarna home owner model saw for 450.00 dollars and only has to work 10 hours to buy it.
When I was a kid a bananna was 25 cents today it is still twenty five cents.
Kash

We've developed a much more efficient worldwide transportation system and infrastructure since the 1960's. Anything that came from South America or other parts of the world cost a fortune to get it here until not long ago, especially perishables.

The calculator does not make any sense to me.
1965 my father started at the Copper mine pay was 2.07 an hour he bought a beat up old tired Lawnboy mower for 8.00 we thought that was a great deal back then he only had to work a half a day to buy it,,
Today a man starts out at the Copper mine for 48.00
1965 Canadian Tire chain saw cost 199.00 so my dad would have had to work 3 weeks to buy one.
Today the miner goes to Canadian Tire and buys a Husqvarna home owner model saw for 450.00 dollars and only has to work 10 hours to buy it.
When I was a kid a bananna was 25 cents today it is still twenty five cents.
Kash
Ah, but you can still buy a tired old Lawn Boy mower for less than $10.00.. I paid $5.00 for one at an auction..

Was just at an Ace around two weeks ago - 261, 362, 400, 462, 500i, 661 all on the shelf, and all the homeowner grade saws too.....prices were not outrageous - the 400 was 8something with 24" bar.

Was just at an Ace around two weeks ago - 261, 362, 400, 462, 500i, 661 all on the shelf, and all the homeowner grade saws too.....prices were not outrageous - the 400 was 8something with 24" bar.

No 500i at Murdochs. No 661s or 462s either. Murdoch does seem to have higher prices then elsewhere. I'd think that Stihl would put a cap on their dealers prices. I guess that is not so.

Sold my 10yo ms290 for almost what I paid. It was my primary saw those 10 years. Got everything I could ask of it, yet never thought to ask for my money back. :yes:
That is one of the best roi returns ever, Stihl would be so proud, don't tell them
though or they will use it in their marketing campaign and we will all have to
pay more for our Stihls.

MS 400 gone from 920.00 up to 1299.00 in my area, that's just crazy.
Aparantly German manufacturing is taking a hit from bidens Ukrain
efforts, Russia cut gas and oil, and what is available is way more expensive.

That is one of the best roi returns ever, Stihl would be so proud, don't tell them
though or they will use it in their marketing campaign and we will all have to
pay more for our Stihls.

MS 400 gone from 920.00 up to 1299.00 in my area, that's just crazy.
Aparantly German manufacturing is taking a hit from bidens Ukrain
efforts, Russia cut gas and oil, and what is available is way more expensive.

No kidding. :yes:

Got the go ahead on that from this site. I had no idea that 290s were so valued in the aftermarket. It made upgrading to a 400c that much easier.

Back