Stihl Saw Inflation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one of the best roi returns ever, Stihl would be so proud, don't tell them
though or they will use it in their marketing campaign and we will all have to
pay more for our Stihls.

MS 400 gone from 920.00 up to 1299.00 in my area, that's just crazy.
Aparantly German manufacturing is taking a hit from bidens Ukrain
efforts, Russia cut gas and oil, and what is available is way more expensive.
Germany is trying to refire coal plants to combat the green energy collapse. Unfortunately, they are finding out it’s not as easy as it sounds. German industry, including stihl, are being crushed…

266F81F3-CBD4-481A-948F-A27A5FD1EDDF.png

Germany is trying to refire coal plants to combat the green energy collapse. Unfortunately, they are finding out it’s not as easy as it sounds. German industry, including stihl, are being crushed…

View attachment 1007847
Yes, and it does not take much for Stihl to up prices, any excuse really,
not singling out Stihl, all corporates are about the dollar at the end of the day.

Ouch!!!

Yet the 400c is an outstanding saw. Still a >30% markups gots to hurt...
That increase was the nail in the coffin for me, the demise of
Germany's ability to keep up with demand which will lead to a
shortage of parts ended my quest for a 400.

Yes, and it does not take much for Stihl to up prices, any excuse really,
not singling out Stihl, all corporates are about the dollar at the end of the day.
It’s not an excuse, it’s survival now…

our government is passing a mandatory 15% increase in costs of goods and services…it’s insane…

That increase was the nail in the coffin for me, the demise of
Germany's ability to keep up with demand which will lead to a
shortage of parts ended my quest for a 400.
I'm glad I got what I got. I don't expect to ever buy another saw again. My ms290 was going strong at 10yo that I sold, at nearly my original cost, to fund the purchase of my 261. My 461 after 4 years was like new, yet sold it, at exactly my original cost, to fund the 400. Donald Trump and the Covid bought my 500i. That rare alignment of stars couldn't possibly happen again during my lifetime.

The 400c seems to have increased more than most saws, although the 462 has been $1300+ near me which led me to push to find a 400. I had been watching some information about it last year when it was $880, then when I started thinking more about getting one it had gone from there to $930 all the way to $1000. At this point it had hit that psychological threshold of a grand when I'm a homeowner. LOL. Now, I have one and love it. Wish I had gotten one sooner when I still could have gotten a 25" light version for less than I paid for the 25" ES bar. Oh well.

Closes dealer to me had a full compliment back in stock. $ms400cm was $999.99. They had a bunch of ms362 as well priced about $150.00 cheaper then the ms400. They had 1 500i on the shelf that was the only one they ordered that wasn't spoken for.
View attachment 1007634
$1519 at local Ace, 2 years ago they were $1309 I think. Paid $26 for a gallon of bar oil

I bought several gallons of bar oil from Walmart last year. $9 and change. I still have 3 gallons, and that should last me a couple of years, at least.
Farm and fleet had a run on mystic oil last year think it was around $6.00 a gallon (may have been $7 cant remember.) I bought 14 gallons. That was all they had in stock, and qualified for free ground shipping. Should last me several years.

Latest posts

Back