Stihl tool identification?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
Hello

I found and bought Stihl 5910-893-8501. I could not find a reference. I bought it anyway it was 10 bucks and I hoped that I could figure out what it went to or how it was used. I kind of thought that it was part of the case cracker tool set but when I put the two side by side this is shorter and I can't screw it in the tool so I was way off base on that but the number is only one off and you know normally that's where they have a tool they made a change to or to a part the 0 one I'm referring to at the end of the part number.

Can anyone tell me what this fine piece of equipment is for?

Inside the tip of the tool there are no threads for about 4 mm and then the interior is threaded but I don't know how deep it goes I suspect it's pretty deep well thank you very much in advance
IMG_20220104_172558.jpg

Hello

I found and bought Stihl 5910-893-8501. I could not find a reference. I bought it anyway it was 10 bucks and I hoped that I could figure out what it went to or how it was used. I kind of thought that it was part of the case cracker tool set but when I put the two side by side this is shorter and I can't screw it in the tool so I was way off base on that but the number is only one off and you know normally that's where they have a tool they made a change to or to a part the 0 one I'm referring to at the end of the part number.

Can anyone tell me what this fine piece of equipment is for?

Inside the tip of the tool there are no threads for about 4 mm and then the interior is threaded but I don't know how deep it goes I suspect it's pretty deep well thank you very much in advance
View attachment 953761
flywheel puller or stud puller?

flywheel puller or stud puller?
Thanks for playing

Ok, very possible. Which one and what of? That's the question. Way too tiny for a stud puller I guess I'll include an approximate diameter

6.8mm opening to the interior threads about 6" long

Crankshaft puller.
That is first thing I thought. Does not fit the tool, too short. I can not see the threads. I am out and about today. I will have someone look and then answer your question. The puller attaches to the bar nuts and an adapter goes on the crank and the bolt operates it. It's too big and too short. Extension adapter 5910 893 2405 the bolt theads match that crank extension but not on correct side.

I will gather the info and get back to you

I plugged that pn and got several.de sites. It translates as a “Spindel”, possibly for removing 8mm bar studs. It also looks like there may be another piece of the tool not shown?

that number changes to 5910 890 4601, but that is a puller kit
i found 5910 893 8500 which is a spindle and looks the same from pic for 4205 series (ts510 ts760 cutoff) but cant see were it is used in shop manual?

I plugged that pn and got several.de sites. It translates as a “Spindel”, possibly for removing 8mm bar studs. It also looks like there may be another piece of the tool not shown?
the interior opening is only 6.8mm so i think 8mm bar stud is out. i also think it is referred to as a spindle and it must to be part of an assembly.

that number changes to 5910 890 4601, but that is a puller kit
i found = which is a spindle and looks the same from pic for 4205 series (ts510 ts760 cutoff) but cant see were it is used in shop manual?
that is a real head scratcher. i also could not find it in the service manuals using an electronic search. If you go by their rules this is even more confusing. The numbering rule. If they make any change to a part. Lets take spindle 5910 893 8500 and they decide to make any small change to the spindle then the part number would become 5910 893 8501. clearly that did not happen here. for reference here they are vastly different. 01 will not screw down in the mount of the 00 spindle is used in. my local shop said he would call stihl today and as technical. if that actually happens i will advise.

it seems it would have to be a component of another tool just like 8500 in my example. will be interesting to get the facts. if ever there is a need for it we know where one is ;-)

8500.jpg

This might be it. I felt like it was connected to the 660 so I begged an updated manual and scrolled 150 pages and the very last tool has a spindle with a number I expected is updated from mine. II have no idea what this baby does.

What to do think???

1.JPG2.JPG

Latest posts

Back