Stihl V Husqvarna, for lithium pole&climb saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eye.heart.trees

arborjunky
Reaction score
I'm an Echo fan but, after seeing the reviews, I think that loyalty does not extend to their lithium products...

Have got it in my head that for 25cc powerheads - small climbsaw/pruning saw, polesaw, and handheld blower - that lithium has basically overtaken petrol powerheads, and want to purchase accordingly....I know how much value/synergy there is, from my handheld 18V powertools, in "sticking with 1 ecosystem", so I want to choose 1 lineup of interchangeable batteries and seems echo's 50/56v lineup isn't landing with an OOMPH so it's husq or stihl....

Are the 40V pucks from these companies interchangeable among powerheads? Was pretty discouraged to see Echo marketing their tophandle (dcs 2500t, not really available yet) as 50V when they've already done 56V for the rest of the lineup, having several batteries is clutch to using lithium gear effectively...

Gotta get a blower....replace my Husq 125b 25cc unit....the Husq 230i is just over $200 and seems to be on-par with my old 125b, if its batteries are interchangeable with their climb&pole saws then I'm dropping into Lowe's the next chance I can for a 230i!

I'm an Echo fan but, after seeing the reviews, I think that loyalty does not extend to their lithium products...

Have got it in my head that for 25cc powerheads - small climbsaw/pruning saw, polesaw, and handheld blower - that lithium has basically overtaken petrol powerheads, and want to purchase accordingly....I know how much value/synergy there is, from my handheld 18V powertools, in "sticking with 1 ecosystem", so I want to choose 1 lineup of interchangeable batteries and seems echo's 50/56v lineup isn't landing with an OOMPH so it's husq or stihl....

Are the 40V pucks from these companies interchangeable among powerheads? Was pretty discouraged to see Echo marketing their tophandle (dcs 2500t, not really available yet) as 50V when they've already done 56V for the rest of the lineup, having several batteries is clutch to using lithium gear effectively...

Gotta get a blower....replace my Husq 125b 25cc unit....the Husq 230i is just over $200 and seems to be on-par with my old 125b, if its batteries are interchangeable with their climb&pole saws then I'm dropping into Lowe's the next chance I can for a 230i!
All ECHO 50V units have the same interchangeable batteries and this goes on.
2500T is literally unbeaten saw in it’s category (pruning) while Husky has made a supposedly 35cc category removal battery saw suited for removals.
Stihl is coming up with some news in that (removal) category too as 161T is somewhat obsolete - power like 25, weight like 30-35cc.
I also hear Husky is working on a lighter pruning saw to compete with the ECHO.
Sure if you speak just about the States the story looks slightly different.

Latest posts

Back