StihlMS 180 or the Echo cs 361 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern White Cedar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for those who have experience with both . Leaning towards the cs361 p right now. One negative I heard was vibration was high on Echo ? Thanks for your time .

Have a 361p. It's a good saw, way more than an ms180 would be.

I think a better contender to the 180 is the 3510. Have a look at that. Near same power and weight as the 361p, without the premium price.

Yes, the 3610 isn't the smoothest, however its lightness and nimbleness make up for it. I tend to grab it first over the 241. It's not horrible, just noticeable. Theres a YouTube review of it of a couple of swedish guys reviewing it. They also run an MS201C, when run side by side all day, it may be more apparent.

Have a 361p. It's a good saw, way more than an ms180 would be.

I think a better contender to the 180 is the 3510. Have a look at that. Near same power and weight as the 361p, without the premium price.

Yes, the 3610 isn't the smoothest, however its lightness and nimbleness make up for it. I tend to grab it first over the 241. It's not horrible, just noticeable. Theres a YouTube review of it of a couple of swedish guys reviewing it. They also run an MS201C, when run side by side all day, it may be more apparent.
I looked at your review and watched the Swed's review . Prior to posting seems very few have done head to head reviews of the 361P . Appreciate it that you did . Have a neck fusion c5,6,7 hence the lighter saw wanted . But want the power and the .050 chain, larger oil and gas tank and a 5 year warranty . Thanks for replying !

5021e697cc2b2d4a3cd3ad69ff9ee89b.jpg

Ms241c-m pro saw
Husky 353
Ms170

They may be ,for sure titanium .

Lower back is next. On a waiting list to get the surgery done. Our hospitals are full of Covid patients. All “elective” surgeries are cancelled.
9975c129655ec1edfa357706ccc96fad.jpg
Mine were wore out , knowing what i know now , i would have looked harder at artificial disc replacement . No fusion , allows full range of motion . Less invasive supposedly .

No noticeable vibration issues with my 361P. The CS 3510 looks a bit bulkier (though a hair lighter) and is probably not as robust as the 361P, but is the same price as the Stihl 180. The CS 2511P (I have the top-handled version) won't come close to the power of the 361P. I'd only consider it if you're rarely cutting larger than 4-6" diameter and saving weight is your top priority. Having said that, I love having the 2511 around for trimming trails, girdling trees and other stuff where I spend more time carrying or maneuvering the saw than actually cutting.

No noticeable vibration issues with my 361P. The CS 3510 looks a bit bulkier (though a hair lighter) and is probably not as robust as the 361P, but is the same price as the Stihl 180. The CS 2511P (I have the top-handled version) won't come close to the power of the 361P. I'd only consider it if you're rarely cutting larger than 4-6" diameter and saving weight is your top priority. Having said that, I love having the 2511 around for trimming trails, girdling trees and other stuff where I spend more time carrying or maneuvering the saw than actually cutting.
Have been also looking at the cs 3510 , hundred dollars cheaper than the 361p. I use a 2065 turbo Jonsered for felling and bucking . So a a small saw for limbing and to do what you described for trail work is what i need . Dealing with a lot of dead balsam and spruce . Also an occasional soft maple and black ash and plenty of white cedar . Have not looked at the 2511p yet ,but will Thanks Don

I picked up the cs3510 . All I can say is Wow ! What a sweet saw ,burned a tank so far . Made me not want to stop . I had a 361p on hold . Once I made up my mind he gassed the 3510 and said he thought the 3510 ran a little better ,more responsive. He was right on ! This little saw is light enough to run for extended periods. I started on a bunch of dead standing balsam . From 2 inches to 12 inches dia . Met my expectations and then some . Thanks to all who contributed, I appreciate it . Don

Back