Stove Pipe Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Had a new steel roof put on the house and I'd like to now install a cleanout in my black stove pipe that connects the stove to the Selkirk chimney. It's about 30" long with a 6" to 8" adapter at the bottom and a cast iron damper near the top.
All I see is 90* T fittings for that purpose.
Wouldn't it be better to have a 45* T fitting to make it easier for the rods to go in and up?
Do they even make such a T fitting?
I'll be using one of those drill-powered fiber brushes with connecting rods for cleaning the chimney.
I also have a stove pipe damper that I'd like to keep and it would need to be below the cleanout obviously.
The pic below is of the pipe and you can see the point of the damper sticking through that sits in it at the top.
Maybe I could move the cast iron damper down inside that pipe down and install the fitting above?
Maybe someone has a similar setup or has done this before?
Anyone have any ideas and how did it work out?
Thanks.
IMG_20150917_130450297.jpg

What 8 inch vented stove are you necking down to 6 chimney? If it's a top vent stove simply replace your single wall stove pipe with a telescopic Selkirk stove pipe section. Slide it together up off the stove collar. Insert cleaning rods and spin away. This is how I've been doing it for several years. Works great.

Latest posts

Back