Strange browning on Giant Green Thuja

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon9392

Reaction score
Hi All -- Question.... I have a whole row of giant green thuja, about 12 of them. All of them are healthy and about 20 feet tall, super rich green, except for one.

The one has been browning all near the top, as well as on the bottom. It still has new growth, and the browning is not the color of a dead plant but more like a moldy looking brown.

I think that the three does get plenty of water because it is near the bottom of a hill so during any rains, water flows right by it. The trees on either side of it are huge and super rich looking.

Thoughts? The problem started about two years ago and seems to be getting worse. Thanks! See the attached pics:

IMG_4628.jpeg IMG_4629.jpeg IMG_4628.jpeg IMG_4630.jpeg

Thanks Jed. Def looks like Pestalotiopsis tip blight, not phomopsis. Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just start trying to cut the dead stuff away and see what happens. I'm worried it spreads to the others, but as of now they look totally thick green and healthy.

Latest posts

Back