stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady L

Reaction score
I currently have over 60 stumps to get rid of. 2 large ones around 30" to 36" in diameter, 3 around 15" in diameter with the rest between 4" and 10". The larger stumps are hard wood and the smaller ones are mostly soft wood. I will have other stumps over the next couple of years so I want to buy a stump grinder but only have a budget of £1500/1550, which limits me to a walk behind. I've looked at machines 13hp to 15hp and from what I've read I prefer the Lumag. Problem is I don't know anything about the engine they fit in the Lumag and I'm concerned about parts availability. Can you please give me a little advice.

I currently have over 60 stumps to get rid of. 2 large ones around 30" to 36" in diameter, 3 around 15" in diameter with the rest between 4" and 10". The larger stumps are hard wood and the smaller ones are mostly soft wood. I will have other stumps over the next couple of years so I want to buy a stump grinder but only have a budget of £1500/1550, which limits me to a walk behind. I've looked at machines 13hp to 15hp and from what I've read I prefer the Lumag. Problem is I don't know anything about the engine they fit in the Lumag and I'm concerned about parts availability. Can you please give me a little advice.
I have an old Dosko and love it. Bigger the engine and heavier the weight the better. Keep the teeth as sharp as possible, clear away as much dirt away from the stump along with rocks, bricks and other debris and have at it. I'm in the US but this should get you in the right direction.
https://classified.fwi.co.uk/used/?...year_to=0&country=0&district=0&pastdays=99999

Back