Stump grinding questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micatown25

Reaction score
I have a Vermeer sc252 stump grinder, we been using it alot lately, but new to the business. It has been in alot of large pine stumps last couple weeks. I was looking at machine today and noticed it has some cracking around the belt cover shield and also some cracking on my cutter wheel belt mount. Machine is a 2011 model is this normal for machines to crack in places over time cause of the vibration when cutting?

I have a Vermeer sc252 stump grinder, we been using it alot lately, but new to the business. It has been in alot of large pine stumps last couple weeks. I was looking at machine today and noticed it has some cracking around the belt cover shield and also some cracking on my cutter wheel belt mount. Machine is a 2011 model is this normal for machines to crack in places over time cause of the vibration when cutting?
Simple answer... yup. Blue Loctite and weekly torque checks are your friend.... and lock washers...

Back