Stump Grinding teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxkev15

Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased a new to me (to me) Carelton stump grinder SP4012. The teeth on my unit need replacing (or so i believe). Does anyone know the name of these teeth pictured below and / or where to buy either new or refurbished ones (preferably not from a dealer), I believe they come off a sandvik wheel. I am new to stump grinding so bare with me..

FYI this grinder was purchased so I can make some money on the side after work!

1671135146623.png

Hi all, I just purchased a new to me (to me) Carelton stump grinder SP4012. The teeth on my unit need replacing (or so i believe). Does anyone know the name of these teeth pictured below and / or where to buy either new or refurbished ones (preferably not from a dealer), I believe they come off a sandvik wheel. I am new to stump grinding so bare with me..

FYI this grinder was purchased so I can make some money on the side after work!

View attachment 1040989
https://www.xtremewearparts.com/carlton-stump-grinder-teethAlthough I have the woodland Mills grinder, the teeth are similiar, I bought spares on EBay that appear to be as good as OEM. I have more of an issue with broken teeth, rather than needing to sharpen them, especially when grinding large stumps that have hidden rocks inside.

Great advice. I brought my teeth to a Home Hardware location recently. They don't often sharpen stump grinding teeth but have agreed to give it a try. Hopefully it works out. I will be purchasing spares aswell for that same reason of breaking teeth

Back