Stumped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inea

Reaction score
I'm stumped on a question I got asked. Seeing if anyone's able to help.

Explain Anchorage connection.
Explain Support point.
Explain Anchor knot.
Explain the difference.
Question:
I have a 100' climbing line and a 100' retrieval line. (With a single anchor I can obviously descend to the ground from 100' and retrieve my climbing line.)
What are the limitations to setting double anchors and being able to descend to the ground?
What are the limitations to setting double anchors and being able to descend to the ground and retrieve the climbing line from the
ground?

I'm stumped on a question I got asked. Seeing if anyone's able to help.

Explain Anchorage connection.
Explain Support point.
Explain Anchor knot.
Explain the difference.
Question:
I have a 100' climbing line and a 100' retrieval line. (With a single anchor I can obviously descend to the ground from 100' and retrieve my climbing line.)
What are the limitations to setting double anchors and being able to descend to the ground?
What are the limitations to setting double anchors and being able to descend to the ground and retrieve the climbing line from the
ground?
Slow down there big fella, that is a lot of odd questions with very little context... and try and avoid using the word obviously when you are asking for advice... it implies you already know the answer and just want confirmation. Having said that...

1. An anchorage is a nautical term. It has no use in the arborist industry.

2. Support point is not a generally used term either. We're you maybe referring to a tie in point?

3. An anchor knot is a terminal knot commonly used to tie a line or rope to another object, such as a carabiner or other piece e of hardware. Technically it is a hitch, but anchor knot has become somewhat common usage.

In regards to your question: that almost sounds like an alpine question versus an arborist question. We don't set anchors in trees, we set tie in points. Are you sure you have the right forum?

And no, it is not obvious to me that you can descend safely 100' with a hundred foot line and retrieval line... you have made no allowances for loops, knots, hitches, hardware, etc.

Back