• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Super XL project complete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpowerd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a cheap super xl or similar chassis saw that needs rebulding. I would expect price to reflect condition, it can be purdy or ugly, but dont want one all banged up. Needs to be a complete powerhead. Like a super but a 12 may suffice also. Thanks!

I have a bunch of them just like thousands of other folks do. I am not sure I can sell you one though as I see your a farmer who likes red power.:) Everyone knows the quality comes in orange or blue

Ok Minnie Mo now that is good but then I would have to go with a red MM A4T1600. Then there is green but not the green anyone thinks of and NO not the new Duetz............I better get to looking for SXL's before the OP tells me to pee off

I have a bunch of them just like thousands of other folks do. I am not sure I can sell you one though as I see your a farmer who likes red power.:) Everyone knows the quality comes in orange or blue
At least you din say green and yellow... thems fightin words.... we used to have a kabota to scrape the barn, b series. Like to find another like it. Have alot of new holland if thats the blue your referrin to

Hopefully you realize I was just kidding on the "red power"

No Deere or Kubota tractors for me although I wish my mule was a Kubota . Orange power is Allis Chalmers. and blue is all Ford. I had all JD hay equipment but now that needs replaced and will be red/yellow. No IH to speak of and there are only a few many miles away. There were IH dealers everywhere when I was growing up, just as many as green ones. Right now the IH "muscle" tractors will outsell the Deere and all others where years ago a 1066 and older were cheap.

As for saws I did dig out a SXL (Blue) and when I blow some of the sweat off and get a drink I will see how many more I can find.

Bill, let me know what you find and pm me with some prices please, i think i have another candidate for this super xl race were having here at the farm. Wish i had more people around me that liked to build chainsaws.

Still looking for at least one or two more of these powersaws. Dont wanna go to ebay, every saw overpriced with shippin and it seems they never move, im sure most think theve got a rare antique on their hands. Conversely, nothing but great experiences buying here on the forum...Thanks.

None of the ones I am finding are looking like good candidates for what you are looking for. The majority are either too nice or too rough/missing parts. I am sure there are a lot of folks that should have some.

On a related but unrelated note I did take a pic of some of the blue, orange, white, and even red power that is sitting patiently waiting on their turn for shop time. The problem is finding the old iron is so much easier and cheaper than fixing it. Same way with saws1.JPG2.JPG

None of the ones I am finding are looking like good candidates for what you are looking for. The majority are either too nice or too rough/missing parts. I am sure there are a lot of folks that should have some.

On a related but unrelated note I did take a pic of some of the blue, orange, white, and even red power that is sitting patiently waiting on their turn for shop time. The problem is finding the old iron is so much easier and cheaper than fixing it. Same way with sawsView attachment 989976View attachment 989977
Thanks for checking bill. Hey is that alis a 190?

Ah, the holy grail of that series tractor, kinda... thats the only series i dont have a stake in, not sure if i need one either. Guess i could run the 5060 baler with something that vintage. Closest i have to one of those would be the 404, 140 or 656. About the only tractor i have thats fully obsolete, would be the f14. Be fun to put a belly mower on it though, and i have had it on a small auger.

Wait, are we breaking forum rules with this tractor talk?

The 560 is my sons that he picked up someplace. I guess I do have a red tractor which is a Farmall AV high crop with the cultivator. We used to raise tomatoes for Heinz and fresh market. The ole Farmall A and newer series were the standard cultivating tractor for them up until the mid 1980's when Heinz made everyone get rid of migrant workers and go to a machine harvest. At that point folks were forced to go to a double row "bedded" style and no more cultivation was done. The fresh market guys still uses the one rows for a when but now they are just for collection

Back