Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the right side is workable as it requires at least 5/8" wide space for the transom gasket to seal against and it measures just 5/8". The left side is like a shy 1/4" and that allowed the gasket on that side to cave into the hole and not seal....allowing seawater to intrude every time a wave hit the stern or following sea or even reversing under power. As it's located above the waterline it never showed as a leak. Almost 30 years of weeping and drizzeling certainly took it's toll though!! Last two pics show the old gasket violated and not able to do it's job........

View attachment 925652View attachment 925653View attachment 925654View attachment 925655
Yup, they fugged up good. Not first time I seen that as a few boats on the lake have some rather large/wide caulking blurbs extending out from the sides of the outdrive.

Had to remove the rubber guards on the port side to re-fasten the top to the hull and also re-fasten the guards themselves. Whilst removed for a couple hours they shrank about 3" in length I found when replacing. At 2" tall and 1" thick I could not stretch it by hand to get back to where it had been. Had to come up with an ISD....(Improvised Stretching Device) that would exert enough force to get things back where they needed to be. LOL!!:rock:

IMG_1538.jpgIMG_1539.jpgIMG_1541.jpgIMG_1542.jpg

Looks like it worked. LOL
LOL!! Yep it did exactly what was needed. But I tell ya what....was quite a bear to get that c-clamp on whilst holding all three pieces in place and holding a serious strain on the horizontal piece!! Especially with one gimp arm that can't go above should height.......:dumb2:.......had to use my head...I meen literally......:yes:

069fd7a6284a979e242775f995a4e65a.jpg

So work continues on the Seaway but had to do some work/upgrades to the trailer. Been working on that as the weather has been OK to work outside.
Replaced the aft set of wobble rollers with yellow non-marring ones . The old black ones were showing some cracking and will occasionally leave black tyre marks on the hull, so been looking to replace them....did the front set a couple years ago but at $50 odd dollars for a set of four and I have 32, was easier on the sporran to do the front and rear at different times. But nothing is without a struggle....the roller sets came with two different bushings to fit from 7'/8" to 1 1/8" roller axles....my axles were 7/8" but the ID of the bushing was 7/8" as well and they wouldn't go on. Had to set up the drill press with a 15/16" Forstner bit and bore all 16 nylon bushings out. They fit good after that. :nofunny:
The bride's been 'plainin' lately about the "hairy" winch cable so threaded a new one onto the spool so she'd be happy. Just as well that I never needed more than a couple feet of cable because the cable was reversed three times on the spool.....had to cut it in two places just to get the old cable off!! Whilst I was at it put on a new set of saftey chains too as the old ones were getting pretty thin in the middle. So the trailer is good to go now...back to boat work.......

IMG_1543.jpgIMG_1548.jpgIMG_1547.jpgIMG_1546.jpg

Down under the engine/ bilge always a mess. Dang old saltwater sure is nasty to metal, bout only metal that has a chance around salt is stainless and brass, forget mild steel and cast aluminum. These days I stay out of saltwater. Will look good when its all back together, then the cycle begins again.
AMEN!

HOWDY BOYS. BEEN AWHILE! BEEN IN THE WATER AND WOODS ALL SUMMER. CANT BELIEVE ITS COMING TO A CLOSE. ST LEAST THE ROUTINE OF CUTTING RNDS IN MORNING ACCORDING TO THE TIDE AND EITHER HITTING HALFWAY POND OR THE OCEAN. HALFWAY GOT ALGAE SO SWITCHED TO SAMPSONS OVER IN CARVER WHERE MY ANCESTOR FOUNDED LOL
PICKED UP A STIHL 500. TODAY OVER IN HOLBROOK FOR MY BOSS. 2ND ONE NOW. OLD ONE NEEDS PORTED. OLD ONE CUT AT LEAST 425 CORDS. BECAUSE CHRIS SAID I CUT 350 WITH IT LAST WINTER.
ANYWAY NICE TO TOUCH BASE WITH YOU GUYS. THOUGHT OF YOU WHILE IN THE WATER DOWN STEVENS FIELD. ITS JUST SOUTH OF THE YAUGHT CLUB WITH A SERIOUS VIEW OF THE PINE HILLS, PLYMOUTH BEACH, SAQUISH, CLARKS ISLAND, AND DUXBURY.
ANYWAY STAY LOOSE AND WELL. ALOHA...

Sounds like you could have really used some help. Some how you got it. LOL
T.....LONG TIME NO SEE!
HOWS THE BACK T?
LEARNED SOME NEW TRICKS!
SHOULD PM YAH! BEEN A BUSY MONKEY. BUT WILL REMEMBER TO. COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENTS IS ONE OF THEM. OF COURSE THE OZONE. TESTOSTERONE SUPPLEMENTS TOO. AND AMINOS! YOU KNOW ME...LOL
LOVE YAH BROTHER! GOD LOVE YAH!
TAKE CARE...MISS YAH!

T.....LONG TIME NO SEE!
HOWS THE BACK T?
LEARNED SOME NEW TRICKS!
SHOULD PM YAH! BEEN A BUSY MONKEY. BUT WILL REMEMBER TO. COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENTS IS ONE OF THEM. OF COURSE THE OZONE. TESTOSTERONE SUPPLEMENTS TOO. AND AMINOS! YOU KNOW ME...LOL
LOVE YAH BROTHER! GOD LOVE YAH!
TAKE CARE...MISS YAH!
Hi Bobby , good to hear from ya. Not much new here. Back stihl bout the same. Not worth a ****. LOL

Latest posts

Back