Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its also easier to do a mild port and polish on the heads with it out of the boat ... and a cam ... and some bigger valves. Just sayin'....
Hmmmmmmm......I'd love to......then I'd need a more aggressive prop...it never ends!! Oh the money I could spend!!

Got the engine ready to go back in this morning. Stihl have some electrical stuff to tidy up inside on the transom before it goes in....also some plumbing to reconnect for the trim planes etc. May run down to the marine supply for some marine electrical supplies this afternoon....nice day for a bike ride.....:cool:

IMG_1611.jpgIMG_1612.jpg

Them plugs had to be a real PITA to change ! I wouldn't want to do it. LOL
Actually the plugs weren’t bad….. what was miserable was the wires….. all 90 degree ends so hard to get a hold of then they would hit something and hard to rotate to clear. When they get replaced will likely use ones with straight ends so they’ll come straight out. Stihl WAY easier to do out of the boat.

Just seemed like these fit here...
d0df3de73a6a5af1f31747d636a9f93c.jpg
438eff504d6dd7347d06d0561fd7c4ce.jpg

I changed out my outdrive, only takes 30 mins or less, the new one works like a charm, just needed a little shift cable adjustment. May change the prop up a few pitches, #15 feels way slow now but much faster out of the hole.

Hey Robin, you get that engine in yet? Chop- chop, time`s a wasting. The camp be calling soon.
Yep all in and lined up...... finally...had to backtrack and pull the motor the other day and unfasten the inner transom plate and move it starboard about 0.010", retorque it again and swing the motor back aboard. The grease on the line up bar was scraped clean by the splines on that side and not touched on the port side. No lateral adjustment so that was the only way I could see to get it right. Perfect now nice even grease pattern all the way around, Other things been slowing me down too...daughter and BF are here now......had to put the starter back on the black Volvo....that sucked just as much as taking it off....thought it might go faster but no way...3.5 hrs taking it out....3.5 putting it back in...and a lot of foul language...'bout the same amount of that either way.... Just finished installing the plumbing for my remote drive oil reservoir that is mounted on the top of the motor. Bled that line down to the valve that serves the drive. Loading the drive with fresh lube now and likely get it on the boat this afternoon......got new trim rams going on too so those will have to be bled as well. Gaining....slowly....

I changed out my outdrive, only takes 30 mins or less, the new one works like a charm, just needed a little shift cable adjustment. May change the prop up a few pitches, #15 feels way slow now but much faster out of the hole.
Glad that worked out for you ....sure looked to be in good shape. How does your boat run out at WOT RPM wise? Is it turning close to the upper end of spec?

Glad that worked out for you ....sure looked to be in good shape. How does your bout run out at WOT RPM wise? Is it turning close to the upper end of spec?
When I run the 21 pitch it tops out just under its rev limit, with anything less than the 21 it will over rev very easy. The 21 is a SS Viper prop, smooth as silk compared to an aluminum prop but it takes another 50' or so to get up out of the hole. When the boat planes off and really gets under way it will easily gain 5 mph over the lesser pitched aluminum props and stay pegged at 500 rpm under red line. with just the two of us and our baggage for a weekend trip.

Back