Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, Sounds like you Dodged the onslaught of Fionna maybe.
I did ok, Brian, no real physical damage to any of my buildings, lost a few trees but that will be easy cleanup and a few bonfires later this fall.My neighbors did not fare so well, much damage and hundreds of trees down. Electrical power will be off for weeks in some areas.

We back here in the east have been following the news and updates , lots of incrediable pics, destructive life long damage for somepeople may never get over the Loss. l hope the insurance companys or better yet the Goverment comes to the rescue with fast financial aid for you all.
Some people right on the coast lost everything when the storm surge and huge waves washed their houses into the sea. Newfoundland took the worst hit as far as I can find out. Port au Basque is about devastated on the coast. I spent many summer vacations there.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/hurricane-fiona-nl-saturday-1.6594422

That was a very close call Jerry !! Your neighbor wasn't so lucky.
Was a very close one , John ,I got lucky this time. Almost makes me puke when I visited my neighbors, one guy lost over 2000, millable log trees all 75 to 100 year old spruce on his 250 acres. The cleanup will take years.

Jeez jerry………like the Gulf coast……helluva mess
Lucky you had the diesel canthook….
Jeez jerry………like the Gulf coast……helluva mess
Lucky you had the diesel canthook….
In general we got hit hard but for me , I got off easy, just some mess to clean up .I refer to the diesel as hydraulic man, it sure does come in handy,made it easy to lift that couple ton hemlock off the shed roof.

So a rookie. Lol
Only top handle I use is the 150. In a tight spot.
Otherwise…..ported 261
Yep, just a rookie, went to the woods with my dad in 1958, was cutting on my own in1965, cutting lumber grade trees and pulpwood for income and firewood for our extended families heat.Running the 600 series Pioneers as our main saws until dad got an 1100 and I got my 1450 in 67. I managed to keep all of our saws up and running an in my collection now. These days I only run Stihl saws for real work, the oldies are fun to run for a short bit of time, but the newer 1990 and up saws are more comfortable and faster cutting.As for a top handle , no use at all for what I do but I have owned 200T`s , just had no use for them so they found new homes. The green John Deere saw was a freebie that I keep at the cottage as a camp saw it does very well for its size.

Back