Swimming Pool Advice

motorhead99999

motorhead99999

Jeepin tree man
Best thing I ever did with my pool was get hammered and drive Jeep through the side of it because I couldn’t get the clear cap on the pump to seal one night I decided to clean the screen out at 11 pm. But you will have that. I couldn’t stand it anyways. My wife had to have it for the kids cuz it was free but needed a liner. Power of the pee hole I guess you could call it.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Loving the Ignore Feature
Is the pool up hill from the spigot? If so, there might have been a leak at the fitting that would cause it to drain.
Take the hose out after filling and see what happens overnight.
Yes, slightly uphill, not much though. I'll refill tomorrow and see what happens. I don't see how it could have suddenly sprung a leak.

sean donato

sean donato

Addicted to ArboristSite
Those out door hook ups have a drain built in the bottom so the pipe doesnt freeze up when used in the winter. You never let a hose in a container of water with it hooked up it will drain it out most of the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200728-221453_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200728-221453_Samsung Internet.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 6
Jersey Bob

Jersey Bob

ArboristSite Operative
Those out door hook ups have a drain built in the bottom so the pipe doesnt freeze up when used in the winter. You never let a hose in a container of water with it hooked up it will drain it out most of the time.
I should have realized that. They use them in camp grounds around here. That way they can keep the water on all winter. That’s why the water siphoned out of the pool. The easy fix is don’t leave the hose in the pool.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

I should have realized that. They use them in camp grounds around here. That way they can keep the water on all winter. That’s why the water siphoned out of the pool. The easy fix is don’t leave the hose in the pool.
Mystery solved! Relieved my little pool didn't spring a leak.
Thanks for the info. :cheers:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Yep, easy to forget how they work. Just replaced my dads this spring so it was fresh in my mind lol.
On that paper you posted, where it says the plunger is adjustable, are they talking about the handle? Mine is too tight and it would be nice to be able to loosen it a little.