ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Swimming Pool Question

esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
My little aerators are on the Fedex truck and on the way OFD today.

I just spent 2 hrs picking up limbs in the yard, loading on the truck, and hauling to the brush pile. swarmed by mosquitos,... and I'm dead. :blob2: and the fire sputtered out.
And I'm done.
If the fish don't survive the winter, so be it. Aerators is all they're getting.
:crazy:

I much prefer activities that don't requite being outside anyway.
Ya can't kill this frog... right @esshup ?

View attachment 934296
:ices_rofl:
That is absolutely correct!! I could try with high speed lead, but I wouldn't because it's a gift and you spent some time making it. Thank you very much!!

esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
1633918167820.png

;):D

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Loving the Ignore Feature
View attachment 934370

;):D
Then there's the other kind of magic smoke...

1633919432822.png

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Took down the swimming pool today. :(

It took quite a while, scooping and sifting water to the last bit in the corner.
I was surprised at how much was still living in that muck. :dizzy:

What I caught I transferred to the two small pools, fish in one, tads in the other.
I counted about four brown tads with arms, legs, and tails and one green tad, like George, but smaller, with arms and legs and a longer tail.
I lost count of all the fish I scooped out of there - definitely more than I put in! :laughing:
Black Molly is still doing well, four big fat goldfish about 3", about eight smaller goldfish, several minnows, and a couple I have no idea what they are - silver with a bit of yellow I think, kind of flat, more oval-shaped and round than the goldfish.

Mr. Pickerel was in there having a big time going from one end to the other watching me as I sloshed around the water to get to the fish.

My new aerator crapped out. One of the blue balls quit fizzing air. They're supposed to send me a replacement.

I tell you what, that little swimming pool was the gift that keeps on giving. :yes: Going to clean it up and use it as a liner under the liner I get for (if I decide to do that) a deeper pond. Don't know if I'll fool with it this year, or not.

I know y'all are just waiting with bated breath for my next installment of the swimming pool saga.
I don't do FB hardly any more, so this is a good way for me to document the adventure.
:havingarest:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Finally got my replacement aerators yesterday, hooked it up this morning.
Look what came out of the shadows! Haven't seen any tads since I moved them, no floaters either though.
Saw two just now - one I thought was dead, but he sprung into action when I poked him. I guess he was just sunning his belly. :p
Not sure what kind they are - they look a lot beefier with longer tails than that little green one I found. Fatter legs, too.

DSC05574.JPG DSC05577.JPG

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Finally got my replacement aerators yesterday, hooked it up this morning.
Look what came out of the shadows! Haven't seen any tads since I moved them, no floaters either though.
Saw two just now - one I thought was dead, but he sprung into action when I poked him. I guess he was just sunning his belly. :p
Not sure what kind they are - they look a lot beefier with longer tails than that little green one I found. Fatter legs, too.

View attachment 936982 View attachment 936983
Tree Frog you think?