Telelect Digger Derrick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Fulton

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1986 IH Digger Derrick IH chassis 466 DT with center mounted turret. I bought it for aiding in the construction of my home and routine maintenance of a commercial building. I have a broad background in operation and mechanical experience of heavy equipment with some deficiency's in hydraulics, but have a good basic understanding of the make up and related components. Listed below are my questions.transcripts 1247.jpg transcripts 1247.jpg transcripts 1247.jpg

One: looking for winch parts, need square brake box.

Secondly: I have a hydraulic question, which is: when I extend third stage boom it is stopping randomly and then I hear a sound near or at valve in turret area which is hard to describe, however makes like a little fluid restriction sound then boom stops. If I slowly move lever forward boom will extend the repeat valve noise and stop. This is at the turret, switching diverter valve to bucket control and using boom control the boom extends without hesitation or stopping. Second stage works with out interruption while operating at turret as well.

Thirdly: Detent in valve to landing gear appears to have broken spring, I have nursed it along by affixing a locking device to hold handle centered, however now o ring, plastic washer or what ever it is is letting fluid by. My question is does valve need to be removed or can detent be serviced with valve in place.

Fourth: Looking for manuals and a used/new part source.

Thank you for any help offered.

Very truly,

Doug

I've also experienced the "sound issue" for one of my boom lift truck - it was a used one - I had the chance to send the vehicle to the manufacturer I bought it. But could be interesting to hear technical answer to your questions.

Latest posts

Back