Tell me about your McCulloch chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Newman made several movies in which he operated a McCulloch chain saw. The saddest one showed him trying desperately to save his buddy who was trapped by a huge rolling log in a river. It was an unforgettable scene and a tragedy. I saw this movie when it was released. I was still in college a the time. I believe it was entitled "Sometimes a Great Notion".
That saw was a 125. He also cut a desk in half with it earlier in the movie.

I found the movie on VHS a few years ago. It's on Amazon Prime now and Stars, I think. Best scene was the last one. I built my SP125C from spare parts. Also have a 35, 3-25.

As a kid, I used to fish and work up the road from that house. I didn't know how lucky I was. Isure remember steel Oly cans and Yamaha's like those. Great memories.

Paul Newman made several movies in which he operated a McCulloch chain saw. The saddest one showed him trying desperately to save his buddy who was trapped by a huge rolling log in a river. It was an unforgettable scene and a tragedy. I saw this movie when it was released. I was still in college a the time. I believe it was entitled "Sometimes a Great Notion".
What other movies? And Richard Jaekel played his brother not just his buddy - making the scene even sadder

My first saw was an old Mac 10-10 with a 16" guide bar. Loved it. My ears are still ringing from it.
I've had many many McCulloch's since then. The one's I find most illusive are the Super Pro's. Only know of one SP 81, and he won't sell it !!!
Regarding the PM 10-10, I like them a lot, just wish they had anti-vibe. The 10-10S saws are real screamer's.

Latest posts

Back