Thank you to A/S Member Black Dogg!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HusqyStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
@Black Dogg

Wanna take a minute tonight to thank another member of A/S that is local to me and took the time out of his day to "show me the ropes" and made my search for the "best quality & quantity" of climbing and rigging gear struck down to the absolute basics to start out climbing, it was a pleasure to see gear in action and the simplicity of "basic" neccessary gear needed to ascend and decend in one small simple package. I was absolutely blown away with all the different options out there and researched all the sites, catalogs, youtube vids, and recommendations just to try to throw a kit together (in my mind top of the line) until today. He came to my house, picked out a tree, and with a couple of knots, simple yet comfortable saddle and some of his own home-made rigging gear that far exceeds the talent of some of the items i've seen online it made me realize that an entry level kit is worth every penny. And the easy of which he ascended with basic gear, left me in aww and i WILL be placing my order withing the next week or two to customize my own kit and have decided to go DDrT without spurs for now. Incredibly knowledgable and one hell of a nice guy, which again proves to me that this site is more than just info and bickering... there are many ways to get the job done but after todays experience, i really have embodied the "start low and slow" and add to my kit as i go along (after fine adjustments of the basic gear of course). Not just a climber he is, but one hell of a guy to take the time to explain and be patient with my questions and show me hands on some of the simplest techniques. I've recently found myself placing ordereds only to view my "cart" and be blown away with the prices of seperate purchases but for a couple equipment swaps, saddles swaps and some minor adjustments can make a world of difference in the climbing world.

Not to long ago i started a thread (after reading through websites and catalogs seemingly endlessly) asking what kit would be the best. I am no longer concerned with the best or most expensive, and now steered more towards comfort, reliablity and believe it or not, 1/6th the price tag of some of the "Kits" available. There's more to it than meets the eye, but there is also less to it if that makes sense and after the overkill with all the possibilities of options, i've got a better understanding of what is a "need" and what is a "want"...

I cannot thank you enough Black Dogg!!! Thanks for taking a couple hours out of your day and reaching out to a fellow A/S member to pull my head out of my azz and realize that money doesnt neccessarily mean quality & safety. I owe you big time bud, let me know if you ever need a FREE hand at anything i can do for ya.

Hands on experience from someone who knows is the only way to go. Couldnt tell ya how many videos, suggestions, promos...etc have enticed me into buying the "upgraded or premium" kits when even the cheapest and smallest kits have the capability of easily (not saying its not tough work) to get you in and out of a tree relatively easily. It's only up from here on out, and i know exactly where to start and what gear to order. By this time in 2 weeks, i'm hopefull to be a couple feet off the ground and learn. All signs lately have been pointing to "hell yes!!"

And HELL YES it shall be, so look out treestuff and wespur, here comes my orders and i may need a tracking number so i dont piss my mail lady off "again" waiting for my early x-mas!!!

THANK YOU BLACK DOGG!!!! Keep in touch brother!!! Along with everyone else on my journey to star t climbing, you've all been one hell of a group of guys and gals!!! A lot to learn, but i'm excited as all hell!!!

THANKS!!! ~MOOSE!!!

And PS Black Dogg, someday i will find out your shipping address and when i do, you'll be getting something in the mail unexpectedly that you may or may not use but something you'd deserve for your time spent with me today! And don't forget, and saw work you may need, would cost you damn near nothin in my eyes. I owe ya big time bud. GREAT GUY, Great climber (as far as i know and have seen), really good head on his shoulders! Best of luck to ya, and we will meet again to climb side by side im hoping really soon!!

A/S blows me away everyday, keep it going. Help anyone you can and leave the crap behind, and i vow to do the same!!!

Jeez, Moose, I told you to quit thanking me so much! A blushing tree guy don't look too good ;)!

Also, I take the "great guy", but you'll have to leave the "great climber" on the shelf for a few years yet! I'm still learning myself and there's far better climbers than me out there!!

As far as the free hand goes, well ........a groundsman wouldn't come amiss if I get some more jobs :D.

All kidding aside, though, you don't owe me a thing. As long as you don't fall out of a tree, that's all the payment I'll ever need!
I like to help folks if I can and once you get your gear we'll get together again so you can get comfortable with everything.

Black Dogg

Ive got alot of free time, you ever need a groundie im there bud. It would be good experience and a chance to observe the entire situation. Ill bring all PPE and a couple saws no prob just to get some time under my belt. Emailed Wespur today about switchin up the entry level kit with some other options, hoping ill be in the trees throwing feces soon lol.

Def appreciated everything ya showed me for sure. When/if i ever get a kit together, we'll have to meet up again. But yes, ill ground for ya anytime. You got my number bud, give me a call if ya ever need a hand.

~Moose

Latest posts

Back