The 2021 PNW GTG is a "Go"!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just talked to Bob and the the 2021 PNW GTG is a "Go"!
The dates are June 10th through 14th.
Bob's place is really close to Hendricks Bridge County Park East of Springfield on Hwy 126.
Turn off Hwy 126 like you were going to Hendricks Bridge. Bypass the park entrance and keep on driving down the road maybe a half a mile, where the road makes a hard left at an orchard, at which time you should turn right down a gravel driveway. Bob has signage put out which makes finding his place easy.

Are the Hoedads still a functional group?
Tree planting and thinning in the early 1970's.
Ken - The Hoedads haven't been together for many years. In the early 90's, I worked with a woman on a fire crew who was a Hoedad
for six years. She was as tough as old shoe leather, but a very warm hearted and sweet natured type. She told a lot of stories of the crews in the 80's.

Arrived at Bob's place this afternoon. Sorry John, we were busy setting things up and messing with a few saws I forgot all about giving you a call. As it turns out I just arrived to the motel a short while ago as Shannon had fixings for supper put out. I failed to take any photos today but the place is in pretty good shape. If only the weather would cooperate.

Mark

It's been a fun GTG in 2021. Mark got the 1-43 up and running and it cut a log for the first time in 40 years.
There was also a 500i with a 32" lightweight bar available for test cuts. What a machine.:chainsaw::chainsaw:
I even pulled some treasure from Bob's collection of parts to finish a 346XP I've been slowly putting together.
Time to load up and head back over for Day 3 of the fun.

Here’s a couple pics of that Maico.
I have a video of it running. I’ll post it tomorrow. It’s scary.
67a3cd0304e57471920153f4dd7251e1.jpg

4164b159f24daa2afbc77783fb51d75c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back