The $99 Poulan Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather you like poulan or not doesnt matter, it's a throw away saw that hits its target market perfectly. Buy it, use it, trash it. Three years later, go buy a new one. That's just how people live these days. We (I) cant see spending money like that, but I know plenty of people who cant see the point of getting a pro/semi pro saw and actually taking care of it. Just the way the world has gone.
My first two saws were craftsman enough said I cut twenty cords when the saws died. Got my money back sold the firewood bought Husqvarna.

About 30 years ago my son bought two acres of over grown jungle I gave him a new wildthing and a weedwacker Poulans. He cut brush piled as high as a ranch house running on left over super m mix. When he started cleaning up my camp in vt I got him a new husky 460. The lad couldnt thank me enough. The wildthing is still running, I gave him a running husky 570 since I had 8 of them.

I tell my sons it’s all about the oil and mix ratio we’re using.

I picked up a Poulan xxv and a skil xxv same saw wood sharks, one I’d like to port someday for $30 each

Made
To
Disintegrate
MTD, yard man, cub cadet etc.. all junk and been that way for a long time. Troybilt, Homelite, White, Remington even Craftsman, used to make solid equipment. Unless your buying a 30 year old machine, ain’t worth its weight in scrap.

Cub Cadet is a USA company with a good reputation on their products, might now be owned by MTD and source some stuff from China but they make the best trimmer I have ever owned.
Never saw a trimmer of theirs. They did have a saw that was good a few years ago. I’ve looked for one but seem rare. And I’m not talking about the IH cub machines. My favorite trimmers are Dolmar and Tanaka. But they might not make them anymore either. Lots of hours on mine.

Back