the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great project, hey how did you go with the last cold front passing, only high winds here, not much rain, but looks like other places got clobbered.

last cold front was a fizza for Vic nothing but grateful of that as still cleaning up from June 16th clobbering
i saw this lock down coming bought nee arrows and the bike to tinker with plus i got August off i choose as lock-down likely to longer than the hoped 5 days

I may seek your mechanical wisdom as the bikes kill switch is a bit dicky,,,, turn bar it turns off motor?? i should be able to trace that easy nuff but stand by if it eludes me..

You getting any rain? we are a bit but not typical wet winter yet and im guessing my skiing is fugged for this year again either no snow or covid no go or both..

It sounds to me like the kill switch wire has rubbed through and is shorting out on the handlebars when you turn them. You can probably follow the wires from the switch down towards the engine and see the insulation worn away. A dodgy fix would be to put some tape on it but I’d probably try to cut out the damaged section of wire and replace it properly so no water can be inside the wiring. Good luck with the bike tinkering, I’d be keen to see progress pics [emoji1303]

It sounds to me like the kill switch wire has rubbed through and is shorting out on the handlebars when you turn them. You can probably follow the wires from the switch down towards the engine and see the insulation worn away. A dodgy fix would be to put some tape on it but I’d probably try to cut out the damaged section of wire and replace it properly so no water can be inside the wiring. Good luck with the bike tinkering, I’d be keen to see progress pics [emoji1303]

yeah kill switch was easy but what i uncovered by stripping down the bike is well as i expected a project... i and Victoria got least a few weeks lock down and i got most of August off work to care for swmbo & end of days dying MIL

Spark plug thread flogged out needs to re ream helicoil or ?
Air box was a bizarre sluggfreast of decayed foam
front small chain sprocket keyway is flogged it will work but not for long
i recon will get motor out and can spray or bake coat frame new shocker springs and new gromits & fixtures to pretty it up the tank i will paint once i had fun ridding as dont want to dent it 1st trick i drop

thumbnail_IMG_20210717_141107.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210717_123331_3.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20210717_141426.jpg

Yep good torque for their size, lower revving than the newer saws.
Quite a nice sound, but no anti vibe to speak of, and heavy, but will keep running till the oiler quits.
Had its bigger brother a while back, but sold it, lovely dependable old saws.

012p1.jpg

edited to add, and whilst were on some older saws.
runs very well after some tlc.
015.jpg

i got my crane chaser doggie truck mounted & 20ton mobile crane tickets in 1987 in belief & planning that crane access tree dismantles will be right around the corner... huh only took 34 years for most states to say yes but Victoria & WA still thinks humpin up gear rope saws into canopy is safer than riding the hook might be a few years yet

This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to use cranes to access and dismantle trees in close proximity to assets and in difficult or hazardous circumstances.

https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/AHCARB324

Set the way back machine to 1975-6 Sherman.

Today I threw a leg over my Honda TL125 which is much the same model as I had when 16yold & im nearly 60 now..
Ive been working to bike back to running order put a helicoil into the flogged out spark plug alloy and yay it started 1st kick and plonked about the paddock easy.
Plan is have some fun get my ride skills back and then look to tidy up paint on tank & frame to OEM get the motor ship shape and shinning & other bits n bobs.

thumbnail_IMG_20210812_131549_1.jpg

Job well done, bet the sound and feel of the bike brings back some memories.

it sure did when fired up,,, plonk plonk plonk and felt much the same to ride. I had a Yamaha TY 250 trails after the TL and never really liked the 2 stoke as much as the gentle small 4 banger.. later I may pot this donk out to 150 cc if find i need a few more ponys

Well well well the dribble thread dribbles on. I see a few new cunce here and some familiar cunce how's the scamdemic treating you all? Locked up like Fort Knox here and hospital chocked up like a poofters arse full of dead and dying total disaster

Well well well the dribble thread dribbles on. I see a few new cunce here and some familiar cunce how's the scamdemic treating you all? Locked up like Fort Knox here and hospital chocked up like a poofters arse full of dead and dying total disaster
Yeah mate, wife went to emergency at TCH with Pneumonia and the place was a ghost town. Walked right in for treatment :)

Latest posts

Back