the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m probably going to sound like an old man but here goes anyway. When I was 17-18 Bathurst was bigger than the AFL grand final. My mates would discuss who was hosting a Bathurst get together and who had the biggest tv to watch the race on. We would have a huge cook up on the bbq and enjoy a few beers while watching the race. We used to talk about all sorts of bloke stuff and solve the problems of the world. Maybe that’s why the world is so depressed these days, we can’t get together on Bathurst weekend to chat about our problems [emoji1787]
Bring Back Bathurst and Save the World! Great idea!

And bring back the carb fed V8s. The 351 falcons had a sound of their own with twin pipes [emoji7]
And the sixties! Yeah! All blokes steered with their left hands (which also held smokes and live beers) while the right ones were only used for lobbing deadies over the top into the bush!

And a trip to the tip was like Christmas! And come to think of it, Santa always had a beer and a smoke in his left hand too, as he left wee prezzies at the end of your bed while you were supposed to be asleep.

And bring back the carb fed V8s
Yea, and Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. That 'roo could fly helicopters, play the guitar AND the piano and operate radio equipment! But did you know that every time a camera rolled to catch a bit of Skippy action it was a different 'roo? Apparently everytime time they were released on set they just used to piss off into the bush - never to be seen again.. So they had to keep a good supply of spare Skippies on hand.

Stepping in to the Aussie thread because I got the reference of Skippy The Bush Kangaroo lol.

My family over there is in the Adelaide area and North of Brisbane. I haven’t been there is years but I remember Adelaide had ‘Bunyips’

Stepping in to the Aussie thread because I got the reference of Skippy The Bush Kangaroo lol.

My family over there is in the Adelaide area and North of Brisbane. I haven’t been there is years but I remember Adelaide had ‘Bunyips’
There' a plague of the mongrels in some areas right now. Bloody greenies have been crapping on about protecting 'em over the last few years and now they're bloody everywhere. There's no rabbits to shoot anymore 'cos the bloody bunyips are eating em all. There's even bunyip protection fences up and down the main highways now to stop the blighters getting run over. "Poor little bunyips" they crap on. Bugger 'em.

Giday welcome your kin be having good time as lock down not truly impacted the states of Adelaide Brisbane yet. Its creeping towards but OZ summer dry should quell the greater impact.

Plenty of bunnies in my local paddocks the .22 coming out the control the peak population damage

Someone say Crackling :)
yeah, somehow I got some purple carrots to roast up too, they were delish going by memory.

View attachment 935188

and Eldest daughter has started on the saws, got her cutting some bits of euc with the little ms180, was a fun time together.

Looks good I did a lamb roast the other night was fantastic

How did you south easterners get on with that last lot of storms.
We got reasonable winds, lots of trees down, power was out for only a few hrs, had a branch come down off the lemon scented gum, flattend some of the vegy patch, took out the fence, missed the tap by 3" either side of a crotch piece.
So no shortage of wood to cut up, Eldest daughter who just started using the saws wants to get into it, and some of the easy stuff she can do, but some cuts will be stand back and watch after discussing the dynamic load on them.
4 or so in all came down, the bigger one took out several on the way down, some are still hung up.

And the chook shed blew over and fell apart...........

And my windrows of raked hay are no longer windrows, but windblown across the paddock. *&%&*##***.vegypatchbranchdown1.jpgvegypatchbranchdown3.jpg

Back