the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed a few places are having sales on at the moment.

Any of you use JakMax bar oil, have been using Castrol in 20l, but this stuff is quite cheap at the moment, or is it the old adage, you get what you pay for ?
I noticed a couple of the big tool sellers have discounted the Makita 6100 to $900. That's a good price for a great saw. Get em before they disappear next year.

Nice, dog meat, or did you put them in the pot ?

Not seen many bunnies about here for a while now, tho wife did disturb a small brown in the laundry this afternoon.
dog meat,, i tried so hard many ways to cook paddock rabbit for but not to my taste,, if starving sure but way down on my list

Christmas tree light install again huh i been dong this since 1996 im startin to get over it, today was up tree before 8am not get down till 230.. It used to take us 3 hours to rig 2 hours to de-rig its now more sitting up tree waiting while the crane and events crew do the things they need to do..
View attachment 942453View attachment 942454

One the big chunks we moved last week,, i wonder if the wood rats will whittle this down oh old banger 066 - 30 inch bar

View attachment 942455
i reckon its still there so i might dust off the 084 and 090 for a play with that one :)

dog meat,, i tried so hard many ways to cook paddock rabbit for but not to my taste,, if starving sure but way down on my list
Have you tried soaking them in vinegar and water before cooking them? I find it helps reduce that game flavour. I’m not sure on the Aussi laws on harvesting pigeon, but pigeon was one of my favourite bird meats in the Uk. Pan fry the pigeon in oil until medium rare and add it to a sandwich with French mustard, mayo, lettuce, salt and pepper. You literally pull the breasts off . No plucking. Very quick, delicious and a healthy meat, until you add it to the sandwich I mentioned above...

Have you tried soaking them in vinegar and water before cooking them? I find it helps reduce that game flavour. I’m not sure on the Aussi laws on harvesting pigeon, but pigeon was one of my favourite bird meats in the Uk. Pan fry the pigeon in oil until medium rare and add it to a sandwich with French mustard, mayo, lettuce, salt and pepper. You literally pull the breasts off . No plucking. Very quick, delicious and a healthy meat, until you add it to the sandwich I mentioned above...

No, but i tried many more methods of rendering out the taste. Again i'd eat them if needed but with so much other yummy stuff its a hard swallow... Wow get this, i just read a bunny at city butcher can fetch $25 bucks crazzy

I took my kelpie bunnie paddock stalking for 1st time yesterday, was great fun & interesting. She was stoked & switched on with the hunt but has to listen and learn a few commands.

269760815_216706993971035_359484517223274053_n.jpg

Well, you know yourself that whilst a tree looks ok from the outside, once it breaks, and you see the inside, its a completely different story.

dropped trees that upon closer inspection had grown over a decayed stump, so put the hinge much higher than usual to get away from the possible damage, it worked, but could have easily not have worked too.

what PITA that was,, dear swmbo 2019 car got rats nesting up in AC system pollen filter, the nest rubbish food stink was akin to rotten fish and rat piss.
took some time to work it all out in the end i dropped out AC blower and triple cleaned rag on hose swabbed out the ducting of maggots and goo stink then dismantle the bonnet scuttle and bespoke mesh seal up the im stupid engineer vent that OEM had no rodent grill

thumbnail_20220111_175010.jpg
thumbnail_20220114_104319.jpgthumbnail_20220114_104340.jpgthumbnail_20220120_112635.jpg

yeah just great 2 pm hot sticky friday avo called to big gum leaning about to heave over take out Hv lines,, the good crew got on site fast and stated to dismantle but we knew a storm was coming & be on us before done so last hour was in rain thunder lighting. Guess who got traffic control stop turn them around as the local cops had to leave us, i was abused taunted by pissed off drivers who had no option but to find the long way around.
im standing in pelting rain thunder claps above and still some drivers are giving me grief, bless one dear karen drove straights passed over witches hats but had to stop turn around when realize no way past still tried to BS her way with omg i got errands kids to pick up thumbnail_20220128_134405.jpg

thumbnail_20220128_134503.jpg

Back