the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok you lot do you know any Stihl dealers around that can do better prices than this.

880 with 36'' ES bar and chain in 3/8 $2290
460 with 20'' ES bar and chain $1475
2 x 261s with 16'' bar and chain $1090 ea

thats not a bad price for the 880, RRP is $2799 I know a bloke a while back who got a 460 for about $1200 when the GFC was in its element don't know about the 261 cause I wouldn't buy one I would buy a 362!

all my stihls BLOW..............................

all my Huskies cut :rock: all 1015cc's of them......................................

get a dog up ya!

All my stihls blow too....

blow the ass off the huskies my mates own!!!!!

huskys for sewing up the tear you get in your skirt!

Billy, best out of the box for a track clearing saw. Not big and plenty of power for the larger logs. Have recommended them to 4wder's in the past.
:msp_thumbsup:

its funny when ever theres a thread on one of the fourby forums about saws everyone acts like im nuts for running such a large saw and will reccomend saws around 30-40cc

All my stihls blow too....

blow the ass off the huskies my mates own!!!!!

huskys for sewing up the tear you get in your skirt!

......well while your standing there with your big tough scary stihls.....I could shoot you from a safe distance and ride of into the sunset.....all with Huskies :hmm3grin2orange:

Stihls make great saws no doubt.....I dont like the feel/balance of them. And unfortunatley the trend for their greats to be getting worse almost each year (talking 660 880) its put me off....maybe one day an 066 or 046 project saw................

I orgainised a ps5100s for a mate...very very nicely built saw and runs great to.....I would have no hesitation buying a dolmar :rock:.....but Im currently trying to organise a 681....and maybe a 656....I like different things

part of being scared is not a safety thing.......I work with power tools all day....its a "I dont want to fubar an irreplaceable saw"

its funny when ever theres a thread on one of the fourby forums about saws everyone acts like im nuts for running such a large saw and will reccomend saws around 30-40cc

Tools! saws that small are for pruning the shrubs in a suburban front yard. I use an 034 with a 20 inch bar for that job myself!

my smallest saw is a 346xpne....and its great....great for work for clearing small trees and triming and great for cutting beams....but ive also had to use 288xp for cutting 12x12 ironbark posts to length then bore cut 32inch up the end with a 2100 for a hidden elec cable...............

personally I dont think my 262xp is much bigger at all than the 346 and the 262 would be the saw if not maybe 272 for my truck when going away....

Funny you say that. I ended up in a lengthy argument in a forum with about 1/2 doz blokes for recommending a 79cc Makita as a track clearing saw! One fella reckons he could cut anything in his way with his little homeowner saw!

i had one tell me a farkin 18v cordless saw would get tracks cleared....then all the established experts gave me heaps when i said id like to see it tackle a 24"+ tree across the track. think that was the patrol forum from memory

......well while your standing there with your big tough scary stihls.....I could shoot you from a safe distance and ride of into the sunset.....all with Huskies :hmm3grin2orange:

Stihls make great saws no doubt.....I dont like the feel/balance of them. And unfortunatley the trend for their greats to be getting worse almost each year (talking 660 880) its put me off....maybe one day an 066 or 046 project saw................

I orgainised a ps5100s for a mate...very very nicely built saw and runs great to.....I would have no hesitation buying a dolmar :rock:.....but Im currently trying to organise a 681....and maybe a 656....I like different things

part of being scared is not a safety thing.......I work with power tools all day....its a "I dont want to fubar an irreplaceable saw"

Are the chains husky use that rubbish that they fly off the bar???

what you say about feel and balance is why I didn't buy a 390 or 395 husky when I bought my 660 so I guess in that regard it is each to their own I also do not like the styling or lack there of that the huskies seem to keep pumping out and the fact the plastic melts to the exhaust etc. seriously I think they are still using the same dies they were when they started to produce saws, and until recently have not had any real innovation in their range aside from the xtorque range which they really bought when the bought out redmax, and the aircurtain thing that they got by once again buying out jonsered. stihl have countered this by not buying out the innovators but by using their own innovation!

as for the dolmar thing as I said I looked and there were only a couple of reasons I didn't go that way. I think you meant a 658 in the solo not the 656, and this is a saw that really interests me! the 681 although I have heard good things about it is not really in a size range I want at the moment. My next consideration would be something around the 120cc range and as there are only 2 manufacturers currently building in the said range it will be one of the 2 and at present the 3120 is running second by a good stretch!

Back