Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your Inbox.

atpchas, thanks.

Does husky make IPLs more like the Stihl ones too? Those are much better/useful for seeing how things go together, and easier to follow for discontinued/updated parts.

The shop manual is very helpful. It mentions service updates.

This 61 is new to me so I'm just figuring out what vintage it is. Would anybody have any service updates?

I've looked on chainsaw forum and lots of info on hot rooding the 61 with 272 parts. This saw is a grey top with metal chain brake handle so I'm guessing it's mid-production. It seems to have low hours and is complete in good shape, no scratches or missing paint, and good compression. The only other thing I know about it is it sat for a long time but ran when stored.

atpchas, thanks.

Does husky make IPLs more like the Stihl ones too? Those are much better/useful for seeing how things go together, and easier to follow for discontinued/updated parts.

This 61 is new to me so I'm just figuring out what vintage it is. Would anybody have any service updates?

I've looked on chainsaw forum and lots of info on hot rooding the 61 with 272 parts. This saw is a grey top with metal chain brake handle so I'm guessing it's mid-production. It seems to have low hours and is complete in good shape, no scratches or missing paint, and good compression. The only other thing I know about it is it sat for a long time but ran when stored.
I agree that the Stihl IPLs are more helpful. Beyond that, I'm not much help on things Husky. Good luck with your project, sounds like the saw has a bunch of potential just waiting for you to release it. If the 61 is as pleasant to run as my buddy's 51, it should be a fine addition when done.

atpchas, thanks.

Lots of ipls, saw made from 1978 to 1997. Barretts has 19 ips.
https://www.barrettsmallengine.com/p/husqvarna-61-chainsaw-parts-lookup.html
There are service bulletins to the Husqvarna saws but the list uses odd numbers and nobody has gone through the list and renamed them. Imagine hundreds of files consecutively numbered - need a sheet to tell you what number corresponds to what saw.
Here are a few numbers to give you an idea. SawTroll started to go through it but never finished.
B0103001
B0103009
N0207002

Back